2010 YZ450f pics and mods...

32 replies to this topic
  • (742)

Posted December 05, 2009 - 01:02 PM

Post some pics of those new bikes! Let us see your mods & graphics... Give us any info about these new machines that might be helpful to those of us that are considering getting one soon!

Thanks!

BRAAAAAPP!!!:banghead:

• motojase316

Posted December 06, 2009 - 01:40 AM

Posted Image
Mods so far... Black Talon hubs with Black excels Bulldog spokes and Blue nipples 756 tyres... Just picked up GYTR tuner and air filter. Sunline folding levers... Decal Works T7 number plate backgrounds... Decal works radiator louver decals... GPR V4 stabilizer kit about to go on... 270mm oversize galfer rotor and doctor D exhaust Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by motojase316, December 06, 2009 - 03:19 AM.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 06, 2009 - 07:35 AM

sweet bike dude! It's exactly the pipe and wheel set up I would go with

• LEMMON1

Posted December 06, 2009 - 10:03 AM

that is awesum! u put the wheels together urself? what did it run ya?

• (742)

Posted December 06, 2009 - 04:10 PM

Wow! Impressive... You got me itching to get one... I am trying to wait til February though. Nice Bike!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 06, 2009 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image
Mods so far... Black Talon hubs with Black excels Bulldog spokes and Blue nipples 756 tyres... Just picked up GYTR tuner and air filter. Sunline folding levers... Decal Works T7 number plate backgrounds... Decal works radiator louver decals... GPR V4 stabilizer kit about to go on... 270mm oversize galfer rotor and doctor D exhaust Posted ImagePosted Image

why didnt you get the graphis for the rad shroud? i know the shrouds for the rads are different from prior years. just wondering if decal works made the rad shroud graphics.:banghead:

• FinchFan194

Posted December 06, 2009 - 07:44 PM

Beautiful bike! You need blue forkguards to finish it off.

• honda597

Posted December 07, 2009 - 12:24 AM

Posted Image
New DRD full system,good gains everywhere.
Posted Image
GYTR power tuner.
Posted Image
Ironman 50t rear spocket and DID X-RING chain.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 07, 2009 - 03:10 AM

Did your blue bike come with black rims stock?

• motojase316

Posted December 07, 2009 - 03:22 AM

Did your blue bike come with black rims stock?

In Australia both blue and white models are equipped with black rims.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motojase316

Posted December 07, 2009 - 03:25 AM

why didnt you get the graphis for the rad shroud? i know the shrouds for the rads are different from prior years. just wondering if decal works made the rad shroud graphics.:banghead:

Decal works are doing the full bike decals front to back, Just got the numbers and radiator louver decals still finalizing some details for the radiator shroud decals they will be on soon.

• motojase316

Posted December 07, 2009 - 03:35 AM

that is awesum! u put the wheels together urself? what did it run ya?

The wheels were supplied by KSR WHEELS ,They came assembled and trued contact Keith down there you will get a great deal 717-336-8266.

• (742)

Posted December 07, 2009 - 04:28 AM

The wheels were supplied by KSR WHEELS ,They came assembled and trued contact Keith down there you will get a great deal 717-336-8266.

Thats where I got my last set from and I just got a quote from him the other day on a new set... $960 for a set of Black Excel rims with Black talon hubs and Black powder coated spokes... Probably going to go ahead and get them so I can put them on as soon as I get a new bike!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 07, 2009 - 05:46 AM

Decal works are doing the full bike decals front to back, Just got the numbers and radiator louver decals still finalizing some details for the radiator shroud decals they will be on soon.

I suppose the radiator shroud graphics will be two different pieces (a top and a bottom) wont they?

• Thumper38

Posted December 07, 2009 - 06:17 AM

I wonder how the graphics are going to stick to the the lower rad shrouds?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 07, 2009 - 07:40 AM

I wonder how the graphics are going to stick to the the lower rad shrouds?

Thats what I'm getting at! If they would just come with the upper sticker or if the bottom half is seperate or not even a bottom.

I believe the same kind of plastic the rad shroud is made of it is the same plastic as the black plastic that is at the top (next to the seat) on the side plates, if you follow me.

His graphics on the side panels appear to be sticking to the black plastic like the rad shroud.

So my answer would be yes that the graphics will probably be two seperate pieces from decal works and yes they will be able to adhere to the rad shrouds.

• Swapper265

Posted December 07, 2009 - 05:19 PM

Having a look at the new 450's, the stickers for the new style shrouds will be in three pieces, rather than just two, as there is also the cover for the top left and right of the tank which moulds into the top left and right of the radiator shroud. I am putting stickers on mine before riding it. Have you seen the prices on genuine replacement shrouds. WOW. Will be interesting to see how aftermarket companies make their copies.

:banghead: :cheers:

• rickallen124

Posted December 07, 2009 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, the plastics are expensive right now- around $450 for the air box part of the shrouds, front & rear fender and side panels. I hope the price comes down as the production increases.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 07, 2009 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, the plastics are expensive right now- around $450 for the air box part of the shrouds, front & rear fender and side panels. I hope the price comes down as the production increases.

Are you KIDDING!!!!!:banghead:

• mediumfast

Posted December 07, 2009 - 09:53 PM

i dont intend to cover any of the black gripper material. i think the graphics will stay fresher looking if you avoid putting stickers on these high wear areas. there wont be any advantage to having it if it's covered by graphics.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.