WR450 Throttle Stop Location

2 replies to this topic
  • tannersdad

Posted April 29, 2003 - 11:39 AM

Recently traded in my 2001 Yam. Roadstar on a WR450f for myself, and a PW50 for my 4 year old boy. This is the first off road bike I've owned in 20 years. I've gotten some great info off this forum, but can't find exactly where the throttle stop is located. I've ordered the YZ450 part, but don't know where to put it. Do I have to remove the carb to do this?

If you haven't guessed, I'm not that mechanically inclined, but I'll try anything. Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted April 29, 2003 - 01:16 PM

you don't have to take the carb off. on the kick start side of the bike theres a cover on the carb that goes over the throttle cable wheel. take that off and at the back of it you will see a bolt going up into the carb.it's an alan key bolt. thats your throttle stop. it has loctite on it so it will take a little umph to get it off. i'd suggest putting loctite on the new one also.

• ThumperWR450F

Posted April 29, 2003 - 01:19 PM

better yet go here. throttle stop scroll down to middle of the page

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.