lower shock bearing

2 replies to this topic
  • rparobi

Posted December 04, 2009 - 01:40 PM

hi , i have just picked up a brand new 09 yz450. I was greasing the rear suspension today and i noticed that there is some free play in the lower shock bearing if i lift the swingarm up and down (where it connects to the linkage ). I was wondering if this is normal for a brand new bike - i have not even ridden the bike yet.
Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clutchless

Posted December 04, 2009 - 01:46 PM

a little bit of movement is fine. you will also notice that the upper shock mount will move a bit as well when it's bolted into blace. if you grab onto it with a firm grip you can get a couple mm of play.

• rparobi

Posted December 05, 2009 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for that, i thought the bearing may have been faulty.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.