MX-Tech suspension?

3 replies to this topic
  • Boit

Posted September 10, 2000 - 02:42 AM

Now that it's time to perform routine suspension maintenance, I want to make improvements. MXA magazine claims that MX-Tech has the best YZ fork mods going. I'm also considering RG3 but lean toward MX-Tech. I'd like to hear of experiences and opinions that any other 426 riders have had.
Stroker Speed Equipment did the suspension on my KLX for motocross and I am very pleased with the results. Personally, I find the the Stroker supension is vastly superior to the stock suspension on my 426.

• 4banger

Posted September 10, 2000 - 06:07 PM

Check out DRN. Jeremy has his forum under suspension and he gets great reviews.

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JBM

Posted September 11, 2000 - 05:46 AM

I have sent my forks to Jeremy at MX-Tech. I didn't get them revalved or anything, just serviced. They did a great job and automatically fixed the mid-valve which is a problem with all YZ forks. I highly recommend them. Jeremy Wilkey is a really nice guy that does some great work. I've only heard good things about MX-Tech.

• Boit

Posted September 11, 2000 - 08:40 AM

Thanks 4Banger and JBM. I read the forums at dirtrider.net and spoke to Jeremy on the phone as well. I will send MX-Tech my forks and shock for all their recommended mods. The only concern I have is that Jeremy is recommending lighter springs which the MXA article stated was the only complaint they had. After the stock springs were reinstalled, they raved about the MX-Tech forks as being the best YZ forks ever.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.