Weapon MX

41 replies to this topic
  • MuDPoUNdeR

Posted December 11, 2009 - 10:23 AM

If you could keep this post up-to-date with the pipe I would appreciate it. I have never herd of these guys and curious to know if their product is any good.

• mxridr450

Posted December 11, 2009 - 10:28 AM

If you could keep this post up-to-date with the pipe I would appreciate it. I have never herd of these guys and curious to know if their product is any good.

I jus emailed them this morning to check my status of order...this is what i get for a response............

Hi Jeff,

Hope your doing good. We are buttoning up you exhaust right now. I wanted to get this done early this week, I'm thinking that we will have it out early next week. Sorry about the extra week.

Thanks you very much for the purchase!

Best regards.

Bill Marshall
WeaponMX

• rmx250rider

Posted December 11, 2009 - 11:22 AM

There alot nicer then the service guy at FMF. I e-mailed, called muti times and i kept getting the same guy saying, We will get back to u

• davbrucas

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:02 AM

Sounds like the typical BS run-around that automobile performance shops give when they havent even started working on your car. Let us know how it goes....

• neal99

Posted December 13, 2009 - 07:18 PM

i heard of a guy sponsored by weapon mx and he ordered a pipe and never got it, he emailed them several times with no response, that was a while back

• krony506

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:14 AM

i heard of a guy sponsored by weapon mx and he ordered a pipe and never got it, he emailed them several times with no response, that was a while back

I heard that more than a few times. I hope he gets what he ordered.

• Numba68

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:08 PM

Any updates? I'm interested to see if you actually get your exhaust.

• trailrider95

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:15 PM

why dont you think he will?

• FinchFan194

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:16 PM

Sounds like others have had problems with weapon mx.

• crfktmfan

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:38 PM

I met Bill from Weapon at a track close to Portland, he didn't seem one bit like the type to shaft someone. He said they hand make each pipe in low quanities. They don't go tjru a distributor and keep the cost down that way. The downside is it could take a while to get the goods. Really small operation it seemed like. He stuffed 2 of my tanks full of foam for cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Numba68

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:49 PM

why dont you think he will?

I have seen a bunch of threads where guys ordered and exhaust through them and never got it, do a search and a bunch will pop up. I even have a buddy that was "sponsored" by them through sponsor house and ordered an exhaust through then and never got it.

• coreyl

Posted December 29, 2009 - 10:32 PM

did you ever get it

• mxridr450

Posted December 30, 2009 - 04:34 AM

UPS shows that its gettin delivered today!! finally after three weeks.
So, hopefully when I get home from snowboarding today im gonna have a nice big package on my porch.......hopefully.

• rmx250rider

Posted December 30, 2009 - 11:02 AM

If you get it today show some pics from start to finish

• neal99

Posted January 15, 2010 - 07:43 PM

curious to know, did you get it?

• mxridr450

Posted January 18, 2010 - 01:50 PM

well I finally got my pipe... theres a few things i saw that i didnt like about it, particularly the welds, the quality doesnt seem that great, seems like something i could do in my own garage..
Also, not as important but I did pay for a hat and sweatshirt from the company in which I did not receive. kinda annoying.. They will not return calls or emails anymore now that I got the system.

Here are some pics though of the before n after.
BEFORE.
Posted Image
LESS NUMBER PLATE.
Posted Image
NO PIPE.
Posted Image
ON THE FLOOR.
Posted Image
OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW.
Posted Image
HEAD PIPE.
Posted Image
SLIP-ON.
Posted Image
SIDE PROFILE.
Posted Image
FROM THE BACK.
Posted Image
OTHER SIDE, AFTER TESTING IT OUT...RAINING THOUGH.
Posted Image

• rmx250rider

Posted January 18, 2010 - 02:17 PM

Is it me, or is the header super long? like it sticks out to far

• mxridr450

Posted January 18, 2010 - 02:20 PM

Is it me, or is the header super long? like it sticks out to far

I think its the angle in which i took the pictures. cause if you look at the picture when they are on the ground they are equal length.
It does sit a little lower than stock though, but doesnt stick out any farther.

• lumpy790

Posted January 19, 2010 - 06:20 AM

well I finally got my pipe... theres a few things i saw that i didnt like about it, particularly the welds, the quality doesnt seem that great, seems like something i could do in my own garage..
Also, not as important but I did pay for a hat and sweatshirt from the company in which I did not receive. kinda annoying.. They will not return calls or emails anymore now that I got the system.

I have seen their stuff and the quality looked really good.

Am I understanding you correctly? You just received it yesterday.....a holiday.....and you are saying they will not answer the phone or emails from yesterday evening.......ever think they may have been closed for the day......or closed for the holiday??? Give them a chance to open their doors!

• rmx250rider

Posted January 19, 2010 - 12:52 PM

He didnt say anything about getting it yesterday... read before you jump the gun

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.