09 450 jetting

5 replies to this topic
  • cjxrider125

Posted December 03, 2009 - 12:36 PM

im having a lot of popping on decel and i feel a hesitation when accelerating on my bike. everything is stock. have not touched a thing. i was wondering what jetting changed you southern california guys have made to get the bike running better?

i ride the motocross tracks in so. cal. (comp edge, racetown, pala) with the occasional trip to glamis

• davbrucas

Posted December 03, 2009 - 07:47 PM

I have read that they come stock a little lean...try adjusting your fuel screw and get a larger pilot jet if needed.

• FinchFan194

Posted December 03, 2009 - 07:51 PM

If your bike is popping don't you wanna richen the main not the pilot? or am I meant to always be wrong on here? I will learn one day!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2009 - 09:56 PM

The main has no effect on decel backfire, as the throttle is closed during decel. The pilot is where the fuel would come from.

A certain amount of popping is normal, and indicates a correctly jetted pilot circuit. Excessive popping can mean either an air leak into the exhaust system (check that first) or lean idle jetting.

• Family Man

Posted December 03, 2009 - 11:11 PM

Check out the pilot circuit sticky at the top of the jetting forum.

• cjxrider125

Posted December 03, 2009 - 11:27 PM

Check out the pilot circuit sticky at the top of the jetting forum.

perfect :banghead:, thanks i didnt see that

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.