3 replies to this topic

Posted December 03, 2009 - 12:33 PM

I had a 03 yz450f with no problems what so ever. With being new to the 4 strokes I got nervous (after a year the valves started ticking) that i would not be able to fix it if something was to happen. So I sold it and went back to a 2 stroke. I have a 01 yz250 with a phathead big bore kit and now after racing on a few sand tracks i miss the torque the pull and not to mention the handling of a 4 stroke. I have a guy with a 99 yz400f that would like to trade me. What do you guys think?

Thanks Guys

• usp4u

Posted December 03, 2009 - 01:25 PM

shoulda kept the '03. You said you got rid rid of it because you were afraid of having to repair it. Why do you think the 400 will be any different. sounds like you're spinning your wheels here. The 400 isnt going to have the seat of the pants feel that your 03 did, so just realize that. The 400 is going to feel heavier, will be a little less nimble, and wont pull as hard as the '03 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted December 03, 2009 - 01:35 PM

Man you got that have an old buddy that I reconnected with that is a mechanic and has a lot of knowledge with the 4 strokes. Thanks for your response.

• Luv2crash

Posted December 03, 2009 - 02:15 PM

When in doubt go with a newer bike than the one you had, also a YZ250 is great but will never feel like any version of a 4 stroke

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.