Frayred throttle cables.

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 02, 2001 - 04:35 AM

Inspected my throttle cables on my 00WR this weekend and both were frayed to the point of no return. Anyone out there no of a fix for this design flaw?

• Bill

Posted April 02, 2001 - 04:58 AM

Yes, there is a fix. Yoshimura has come out with a new cable wheel that is supposed to fix this. For $50, it ought too!

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 02, 2001 - 07:29 AM

If you carefully adjust both cables you can get them so there isnt such an extreme angle between the end of the cable housing and the carb. They will last a lot longer.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 02, 2001 - 10:42 AM

had the same prob on my 99 yz400
spent 35 on cables and when i went to replace them i discovered that the cable "holder" next to the engine is at a horrible angle so this caused only one cable to fray.
I put the new cables on and zip tied them together close to the bracket and seemed to straighten thme out and hopefully cure the prob.

That's not thunder ridin' your BUTT .........
It's a whole Damn HURRICANE!!!!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.