BAD VIBES !!

2 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted April 29, 2003 - 12:09 AM

i am getting vibration from my handlebars. they are stock . anyone got a good suggestion for a new bar. i don't have the money for oversized bars and clamps so for now i am just going to stick with the 7/8" bars.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted April 29, 2003 - 01:00 AM

What I did is the following:

Get some hard rubber about .5cm thick and fashion some pads that fit under the bar holder where it attaches to the triple clamps.

If not already using them, use self locking nuts on the bolts that hold the handlebar holder to the triple clamp and tighten down to whatever seems resonable.

They will then act like 'silent blocks'. Ensure you use self locking nuts or they may back out and that would not be a 'good thang'!

• ETP

Posted April 29, 2003 - 01:20 AM

A thumper suggested putting silicon glue and buck shot into the bar ends to add some dampening. I am trying to find some clamp attachments that "shock" isolate the bars. Faast Co. told me that thier bar inserts will not work on the stock steel WR450 bars. I get arm pump real bad. On with the hunt.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.