yz 400 exaust

3 replies to this topic
  • 2fast4luv

Posted December 01, 2009 - 08:49 PM

I wadded up on my yzf and bent the heck out of stock pipe, soo I spent 200 bucks on this white bros pipe that was fiber glass, and didnt have a hole in the tip, I believe it was an e series, any way bike sounded killer and seem to be more powerful. I was at the track Friday when the damn thing blew apart literally,. Does any one know where I could get a pipe for a 99 yzf 400 Budget?

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2009 - 09:34 PM

check eBay. Any pipe for a 426 will fit, and a number of them for the '03 -'05 YZ450 can be adapted (particularly those with a separate mid pipe and a clamp type muffler hanger.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FinchFan194

Posted December 01, 2009 - 09:44 PM

check eBay. Any pipe for a 426 will fit, and a number of them for the [COLOR="Red"]'03 -'05 YZ450 can be adapted (particularly those with a separate mid pipe and a clamp type muffler hanger[/COLOR].

I just took on of those to the dump!

Sorry I should of saved it for someone on TT.

• l_campionero

Posted December 03, 2009 - 10:49 AM

....I spent 200 bucks on this white bros pipe that was fiber glass....

It was probably carbon fiber; CF gets brittle with age and repeated heat/cool cycles. That happened to one of the 'budget' bikes in Dirt Riders article on cheap bike projects.
Any YZ400F or YZ426F muffler will fit. Stock ones can be had cheap on eBay, or maybe Craigslist. Do a Google search for 'YZ400f muffler Craigslist', and you'll probably get dozens....here's one I found in Phoenix, for example:

http://phoenix.craig...1464059649.html

Related Content

Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

• Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.