transmission problem

3 replies to this topic
  • lunidrtbkr

Posted December 01, 2009 - 12:43 PM

wondering if i can get some help here. I have a 99 wr400 with a supermoto kit. i was riding down the freeway and all of a sudden my bike loses power to the rear wheel. kinda like the bike is in neutral. the engine is running and i shift through all the gears. i can feel the the gears shifting but none work. im guessing its the clutch....any suggestions??? thanks

• Butta

Posted December 01, 2009 - 06:20 PM

If it were a vehicle with a manual trans, I'd say it was the input shaft to the transmission....that being said, I think the clutch is an appropriate place to start your investigation. Something's not delivering power to the trans....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumperjp

Posted December 03, 2009 - 04:03 AM

Maybe Transmission. I have same experiance on my 426.

• lunidrtbkr

Posted December 08, 2009 - 11:29 PM

what went wrong with your transmission???

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.