A YZ trade for a WR

3 replies to this topic
  • wondermuscle

Posted December 01, 2009 - 07:24 AM

I have an 08 YZ setup for woods and with a few minor changes it becomes a desert race bike. I orginally got this YZ to race in the desert but I shattered my wrist and won't be racing for a while. :banghead:

I'm looking for a trade.... My YZ for an aluminum frame WR. My YZ has 20hrs on it and is in great shape. It has handguards, heavy flywheel, stabilizer, skid plate, and the suspension valved among some other little stuff.

With a trade I presume I would need to offset the cost difference and I'm ok with that. I would also like to take the forks and shock from my YZ and put them on the WR.

I ask in the WR section to see if there is even a market for a trade or should I just buy a WR and swap what I want from the YZ to the WR and then sell the YZ. I have craigslisted this proposition with no interests. Thoughts?

• Butta

Posted December 01, 2009 - 04:27 PM

Swapping the suspension is going to deter a lot of potential partners, I would think. The stock WR suspension on a WR isn't bad, but put it on a YZ and ride a YZ for what a YZ was made to do and it'll be grossly disappointing.

I would think you'd be money ahead just getting the WR suspension re-worked for your tastes, and let the YZ go as a YZ should....fully mx suspended.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted December 01, 2009 - 08:49 PM

Yep, many, many WR riders would want that sweet YZF suspension.

• RSAthump

Posted December 02, 2009 - 05:27 AM

agreed, if i wanted to swop for a YZ the main reason would be the Susp

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.