03 YZ450F For sale. How much??

6 replies to this topic
  • CTinCT

Posted 28 April 2003 - 05:03 PM

I am looking to sell an 03 YZ450F. It can be seen on pages 154-160 of the Feb 03 Racer X. The bike is like new,never raced. It is 100% stock but comes with brand new(still in bags)GYT-R pipe,GYT-R silencer,GYT-R triple clamps. How much should I get for it??? Thanks.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted 28 April 2003 - 06:40 PM

The last two used 450's on TT in Ca sold for 5100(Dave) and 5200(Joe Jet). That was a while back and the market seems pretty soft...new bikes are being discounted pretty heavy. We're also starting to get close to '04's. New '03's in Ca are around $5600 + tax.

I'd sell the parts separately here on TT, so you can put the lowest price you can on the bike. FWIW :)

• brianc142

Posted 29 April 2003 - 02:44 AM

What's the deal with it being in Racer X? I'm looking at the pics now with Doug Henry. That's pretty cool. Are you friends with Henry or is that you in the photos with him? I don't mean to ask alot of questions, just curious.

• CTinCT

Posted 29 April 2003 - 03:35 AM

Thanks. You may be right about selling the parts. There may be more GYT-R parts also. I will put together a list and post them on this site. Doug plans to ride a two-stroke for Southwick, so this bike is for sale.

• John_Lorenz

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:24 AM

So what you are saying is this is or was DOug Henry's race bike and you are ???

1: His Mechanic
2: pretending to be DH mechanic to short shift a sell

Just asking, sounds a little fishy to me but I have had way to much coffee this morning and feel paranoid. My point would be if this was setup for DH or whatever, seems ot me there would be a inner circle of people to sell to.

Kinda like Selling Chris Carrs last years VOR here...

• Thumpy79

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:04 AM

I've seen this guy around on another board, from what I can tell he is ligit. Of course you never know because it's the internet, but I've seen some proof of where he gets the bikes, i.e. DH.

• CTinCT

Posted 30 April 2003 - 03:34 PM

MUST SELL! BIKE TOO FAST FOR OUT-OF-SHAPE OWNER!! Kidding....This bike is not being sold as anything special. It is a stocker that was un-crated and used for the photo's. He did ride it one day after that, so it is used. The owner of the bike only races once a year,and doesn't plan to use this bike that day. Any interest please e-mail Txtel16@aol.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.