2010 maping to smooth bottom end

15 replies to this topic
  • matthewwatson

Posted December 01, 2009 - 12:01 AM

Hi, rided my mates bike last week, we do a lot of trial riding and found the bottom end too responsive. Does anyone know what maping changes would work well to make it smoother down low, first quarter, but not effect the rest of the range. Found it a problem just off idle in first in tight corners, forest sections etc, just a blip was too much. motocoss riding is on real problem becouse you keep your speed up, and have more room to move.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 01, 2009 - 06:48 AM

Until someone tinkers with this power tuner some and gets some feed back to us I would just adjust the throttle cable some to get some slack in the line so when you go over bumps and such it doesnt blip the throttle.

Either that or just do the 1/4 turn throttle mod to it :banghead:

• honda597

Posted December 01, 2009 - 11:34 AM

If you have a tuner try the setting for "Improved drivability" below.
Makes the bike easier to apply throttle.
Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2009 - 12:36 PM

Note that the tuner has the ability to perform a full range of diagnostic functions, showing the information gathered by and the condition of all of the sensors within the system. This gives you the ability to about 80% troubleshoot the entire system in just a few minutes, with almost no work involved.

For those of you who repeatedly lamented the onset of EFI as the end of your ability to work on your own bike,....:banghead:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 01, 2009 - 01:41 PM

It just made it more complicated! maybe after awhile after one learns this power tuner then maybe.........just maybe...... it might be a little more enjoyable.

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2009 - 01:54 PM

You could do three "jet changes" with the tuner, AND test them, in the time it would take you to change the needle position on your '06 once.

And as far as troubleshooting, how is plugging the tuner in and reading in English whether the trigger coil or TPS is good or bad (with the tank still on, BTW) more complicated than performing 6 individual tests with a multimeter?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 01, 2009 - 02:55 PM

I meant "more complicated" as referring to the EFI system and learning it alnog with what does what with the tuner.

I've never fooled with EFI on anything before so it will be a whole new world for me. In the long run it may be simplier and sounds like it is. Just need to get used to all the changes is all.

• TokioMX

Posted December 01, 2009 - 06:19 PM

If you have a tuner try the setting for "Improved drivability" below.
Makes the bike easier to apply throttle.
Posted Image

Hi, I'm new here on this board.

Can you tell me where did you get that information? Can I get access to it? I have 2010 YZ450, and need more help on Power Tuner setting.

Japanese Yahama engineers had same "improved drivavility" mapping when they had a public test ride day at one of our local track. It was pretty muddy day. I didn't go, but my friend did and was impressed.

I had installed same mapping on my Power Tuner at the track yesterday, but battery went dead before uploading. I guess I played with it too much already. A set of spear AA batteries are must have at track now....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mediumfast

Posted December 01, 2009 - 07:16 PM

The current way of making adjustments will seem archaic a few years from now. Like everything else people are apprehensive about the unknown. Grab your riding buddy's hand, take a deep breath, and step into the future.

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2009 - 09:15 PM

Hi, I'm new here on this board.

Can you tell me where did you get that information? Can I get access to it? I have 2010 YZ450, and need more help on Power Tuner setting.

Japanese Yahama engineers had same "improved drivavility" mapping when they had a public test ride day at one of our local track. It was pretty muddy day. I didn't go, but my friend did and was impressed.

I had installed same mapping on my Power Tuner at the track yesterday, but battery went dead before uploading. I guess I played with it too much already. A set of spear AA batteries are must have at track now....

It's directly from the tuner manual. Do you have one?

If not: http://www.mcnews.co...uner_Manual.pdf

• TokioMX

Posted December 01, 2009 - 10:01 PM

It's directly from the tuner manual. Do you have one?

If not: http://www.mcnews.co...uner_Manual.pdf

I have the tuner manual that came with, but still didn't see the page Honda597 posted. Sorry to be a pain but can you give me a page number? Thanks.

• mxengineer4

Posted December 01, 2009 - 10:15 PM

I have the tuner manual that came with, but still didn't see the page Honda597 posted. Sorry to be a pain but can you give me a page number? Thanks.

Gray and Tokio:
I do not see any map examples in the little owners manual that comes with the GYTR tuner. In fact I was under the impression the tuner would have some maps in it from Yamaha but there is nothing - all the maps just show 0's for the adjustment points - looks like you have to create all the change points for the 9 maps yourself. Wonder if Yamaha will issue some examples of maps with different power characteristics....

• TokioMX

Posted December 01, 2009 - 11:38 PM

mxengineer4,
That's what I thought. What Honda597 posted looks like tech's training manual.... I'm sure magazine test will have information out soon. Meantime, I'm gonna try Honda597's setting myself.

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2009 - 11:45 PM

It looks like you're right regarding the manual.

But the most likely reason your tuner shows zeros when you plug it in is that that's what the ECM is set to; it's reading and displaying what it sees.

• TokioMX

Posted December 01, 2009 - 11:56 PM

Tuner don't show what setting or which map your bike is set with, even when you plug it in. Only info you can get out of your bike is just basic stuff like temp and runtime.

I was messing with many different setting Maps, that I once forgot which Map was installed. :banghead:

• rider211

Posted December 04, 2009 - 06:27 AM

ya its not in the manual anywhere, could you tell us where you got those maps or post them all please

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.