sticking compression release?

4 replies to this topic
  • mycr500

Posted April 28, 2003 - 04:47 PM

Has anyone had the compression release stick open, eg the bike appears to have no compression when starting? Mine seems to do this if it dies at a very slow idle.

• crashtestdummy

Posted April 29, 2003 - 01:27 AM

Yes i have, only a couple of times though. scared the heck out of mee the first time. dont know what causes this to happen though :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • daytripper63

Posted April 29, 2003 - 05:46 AM

Do the 450 cam change and get rid of the comp. release

You wont be dissapointed!!!

• WR_Jason

Posted April 29, 2003 - 08:37 AM

I have noticed that if you flood the bike the gas can wash out the rings, you have to kick it with the throttle full open with the hot start pulled a few times to get compression back.

• mycr500

Posted April 29, 2003 - 03:37 PM

Well, it sure scared the crap out of me. I was having problems setting the idle, the pipe was red hot, and the bike died and boiled over. When I tried to start it later, I figured it was a goner when the kick starter just kept going down.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.