Clutch doesn't look like it should...

2 replies to this topic
  • youthenrage

Posted November 30, 2009 - 08:00 PM

Wow. I'm a retard. Too embarrassed to even leave the post up.

Edited by youthenrage, November 30, 2009 - 09:57 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted November 30, 2009 - 08:51 PM

So i'm tearing down my 1998 WR400 to replace the timing chain. I pop the clutch cover off and expect to see this:
Posted Image

and instead see this
Posted Image

So does my WR have an aftermarket clutch on it? Anybody able to ID it by sight? According to the manual I'm supposed loosen the 5 around the center nut, but on my clutch I have no clue how to proceed from here. Do I need some sort of flywheel puller? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

The timing chain is under the flywheel that you are looking at. The clutch is on the other side. You need a puller to remove the flywheel. You will also have to remove the valve cover and cams and then drop the new chain down from the top. I'm not sure if there's enough room to bend the chain around the tip of the crank though, without removing the head. Somebody else will have to chime in on that.

• youthenrage

Posted November 30, 2009 - 09:56 PM

haha wow, i am a retard. thanks. yikes.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.