Easiest lighting stator?

2 replies to this topic
  • DangerRanger245

Posted November 30, 2009 - 07:59 PM

I want to add a light to my 06 450. All I want is an HID light, for some moderate night riding in the desert and dunes. Nothing over 50mph. I'd also like to run my Trailtech Vapor.
Is a 50W stator enough for that? Is there a bigger one?
I was thinking of a light like this https://www.bajadesi... Electric Start
I dont want to get WR parts and all that. Too much money.

The moose stators, have they gotten better? Are they really that bad?
Who makes a good stator?

Or am I better off putting some batteries in the airbox and running that way?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • swatdoc

Posted November 30, 2009 - 09:50 PM

you can run your trailtech vapor off the stock yz ignition system - it only draws like 1/1000 of a watt or something REALLY small. email trailtech and they'llshow you where to splice in the power leads.

only stator to even try right now is the Pro Racing one. 2 guys on here are running it - so far with no problems. Do NOT get the Moose or Electrosport units - total pieces of crap. 50 watts is all you're ever gonna get from a stator for the YZ (06-09) cause the flywheel is so small in diameter it limits the windngs.

As long as that light is only a 35 watt draw, it will be fine - remember 50 watts output is only at hailf to full throttle, which for street riding is not a huge percentage of the time.

you could run a trail tech 6mah battery only with no stator - it should power a 35 watt headlight and 1 watt LED tail light for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours

• DangerRanger245

Posted December 01, 2009 - 08:22 AM

Link for the pro racng stator??

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.