Bar Risers for '09 YZ450...

7 replies to this topic
  • sro2004

Posted November 30, 2009 - 07:34 PM

Okay, my '09 came stock with Pro Taper bars and the 4-way adjustable bar clamps. I need to raise my bars, but I'm looking around for the proper risers and finding them difficult to find. Many of the risers out there are also for stepping up from 7/8" bars to 1 1/8" bars. I'm already at 1-1/8 clamps/ I need risers FOR the 1-1/8" clamps TO 1-1/8" bars.

The Tusk units don't have enough of a description spelled out to tell me if they're what I need. The picture looks like their 1-1/8" to 1-1/8"...but I want to be sure before ordering.

Any input...thanks...

• DPW

Posted November 30, 2009 - 07:54 PM

What about these?? http://www.yamaha-mo...5/0/detail.aspx

or contact they should be able to get any height you want/need

• nwbikerider

Posted November 30, 2009 - 09:15 PM

Why not just get a taller bar?

• sro2004

Posted December 01, 2009 - 06:37 AM

Looking to raise the bars at least an inch...more if possible. Might just go ahead and get the Renthal Fat Bars - RC High Bend. 31.57 W x 4.49 H x 2.13.

I think my stock bars are the Pro-Taper Contour with dimensions of 31.5 W x 3.31 H x 2.00...can anyone confirm the measurements on the stockers (2009 YZ450F)? If this is the case, it'll get me up almost 1.2 inches. Still might need some risers after that (I'm 6'4" with only a 32" inseam...all trunk and long arms!) but I'm heading in the right direction...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nephic

Posted December 01, 2009 - 07:34 AM

Just an idea, maybe you should look at a Scotts stabiliazer setup. I went under teh bars and it gives you about an inch. I had to replace my bars to get a lower bend. You get your raised bar this way, and get the scotts, which is one of my top two mods ever.

• sro2004

Posted December 28, 2009 - 01:03 PM

I got the Renthal Fatbars..RC High...which gave me about 1.3" of elevation. Rode on them this weekend at an awesome track down here in central florida. Night and day awesome!

• JDAM450

Posted December 28, 2009 - 09:14 PM

I'm 6'2" and am running Pro Taper KX Highs they have a height of 109mm. I run the front hole on the tripple clamp. This set up gives the bike a bigger feel. Also look at the sweep of the bars, less is better for big guys.

• ectm3

Posted January 10, 2010 - 08:25 PM

Id try the one piece bar mounts from RIDE eng. they are taller than stock and you can get spacers to raise your bar hight.They are rubber mounted and will work with your stock top clamp.I have them and love em.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.