2010 MXA YZ450F Test

27 replies to this topic
  • Mike546

Posted November 30, 2009 - 03:02 PM

Didn't anyone get their MXA with the 2010 test on Saturday? I figured everybody would be talking about it.

• Davey762

Posted November 30, 2009 - 03:15 PM

What did they say? .. Any different bads or goods from what we've been hearing?

• yz_for_me

Posted November 30, 2009 - 03:48 PM

Negative. Unless my wife threw it away, which is entirely possible if she saw it had a review for the new 450. :banghead:

• Mike546

Posted November 30, 2009 - 04:06 PM

Maybe I got it early because it had one of those This is your last issue covers on it. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, you'll probably get it today or tomorrow.

• aedwards07

Posted November 30, 2009 - 04:10 PM

I sure didnt get it.Checked at walmart today too and didnt see it.Scan it or post a pic of the review so we can read it?

• capdoogie

Posted November 30, 2009 - 05:04 PM

please post an overall review, some of us live in an area that doesnt have MXA. Cheers

• RCannon

Posted November 30, 2009 - 05:26 PM

please post an overall review, some of us live in an area that doesnt have MXA. Cheers

We do get mxa..Barnes and Noble or darn near any newsstand has it. May I humbly recommend reading it, then putting it back...but still its there. Nothign in my mailbox except a "free" dirt rider dvd....

• capdoogie

Posted November 30, 2009 - 05:42 PM

do they have the latest isssue its a 45 min drive for me thanks for the info

• RCannon

Posted November 30, 2009 - 05:49 PM

do they have the latest isssue its a 45 min drive for me thanks for the info

No, just looked today.....nothing new. I'll keep your name and pm you when I see it.

• NE14MX

Posted December 01, 2009 - 05:46 AM

Didn't get my MXA yet. I was hoping for yesterday. Oh well, there's today. It's not like you can get your hands on a bike and ride it around here anyway. Though I've seen it done, scanning in an article violates copyrights.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike546

Posted December 01, 2009 - 04:17 PM

Didn't get my MXA yet. I was hoping for yesterday. Oh well, there's today. It's not like you can get your hands on a bike and ride it around here anyway. Though I've seen it done, scanning in an article violates copyrights.

Mark, if you don't get it tomorrow let me know and I'll drop mine off to you.

• JJetmar

Posted December 01, 2009 - 06:26 PM

What did the test say? why so Hush Hush? Not all of us get MXA.

• Mike546

Posted December 02, 2009 - 03:15 AM

Just figured everyone would like to read it for themselves, like posting up race results the night of a race before everybody has a chance to watch it on TV. The thing that stands out is that it's a YZ450F that finally turns. The suspension is typical plush Yamaha, although they had to play with the clickers. The rest of the bike is on par with the other 450's. Can't wait for the shootout, and for the price to drop.

• Huckster

Posted December 02, 2009 - 03:29 AM

Mike you buying one?

• JJetmar

Posted December 02, 2009 - 04:48 AM

Just figured everyone would like to read it for themselves, like posting up race results the night of a race before everybody has a chance to watch it on TV. The thing that stands out is that it's a YZ450F that finally turns. The suspension is typical plush Yamaha, although they had to play with the clickers. The rest of the bike is on par with the other 450's. Can't wait for the shootout, and for the price to drop.

Good to here, Thanks :banghead:

• NE14MX

Posted December 02, 2009 - 05:25 AM

Mike thanks but maybe mu MXA will come today. I'm in the market for one but want to go out of New York. I'm trying Ronnies, but like Mike said, I may have to wait, depending on the price. From what I'm seeing as to availability, I wouldn't get it till spring anyway. Then Mike could ride it though I think he's happy with the Suzuki.

• grunkthump

Posted December 02, 2009 - 05:32 AM

they sure weren't enamoured with the airbox setup...and in typical MXA fashion they said it is a gearing change away from being good!!

• grayracer513

Posted December 02, 2009 - 07:26 AM

I was about to predict they would say, "We added a tooth to the rear to bring third gear in sooner." :banghead: :cheers:

• Mike546

Posted December 02, 2009 - 01:55 PM

Mike you buying one?

No way.............well I would like to..............well probably.

I really like the whole package and would love a bike with plush suspension that turns. I'm trying to do the sensible thing a wait till the mad rush is over and see if I can get a deal.

• Huckster

Posted December 02, 2009 - 03:22 PM

No way.............well I would like to..............well probably.

I really like the whole package and would love a bike with plush suspension that turns. I'm trying to do the sensible thing a wait till the mad rush is over and see if I can get a deal.

They are going to be very hard to come by intially from what most of the Yamaha dealers have been saying. The dealers I talked to today were both only getting 1 until the spring. I am not sure if there will be any "deals." I would love to get one but I think I will hold on to my Kawi until the '11's come out.

On another note, the LL regional is at Undilla this yr. You interested in trying +30B and +40? I am thinking about giving it a shot....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.