Chattering

2 replies to this topic
  • grrrr

Posted November 30, 2009 - 06:02 AM

I have a 2008 WR450F. Since day one it has made a chattering sound. Do all WRs do this? I can't figure if it's valves, or clutch, or something else. Sounds like the noise comes from the left side, I could be wrong, hard to pin point it while riding. The bike has 160 miles.
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • unclemd

Posted November 30, 2009 - 07:13 AM

Yea when i purchased my bike i thought it was going to fall to pieces. Does it seem to get quiter if the clutch lever is hauled in? If it does it is normal.

• WR450FGreg

Posted November 30, 2009 - 10:48 AM

I think you'll find it's the chain slapping against the swingarm protector/slider.

You can reduce it (to a degree) by using silicon to stick the slider down onto the swingarm.

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.