Lookin for opinions on new bike...yz450f

2 replies to this topic
  • dbshea

Posted November 29, 2009 - 09:27 PM

My first thumper was a yz426 which I loved, and am actually in the process of buying back. I traded it for an 07 wr450 that I enjoy whole heartedly, but I still yearn for the yz. I found an ad on race-dezert and figured I'd see what you well informed yz guys thought of it.
http://www.race-deze...=second&id=1690

Any pro's/con's you can see from the short post please let me know. I'm willing to trade my low mile un corked wr, but only if I won't be losing my rear end on the deal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted November 30, 2009 - 06:00 AM

Have you inspected/looked at the bike in person? If so, were there a lot of rock dings/dents on the underside of the frame? Footpegs loose and sloppy?

Sounds like it was maintained from the brief description. As far as trading in a newer WR for a 5 year old desert bike, only your budget and riding needs know if it's a good deal.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 01, 2009 - 10:35 AM

Iwould see it in person. Takeoff the gas tank too. It's fast to do and exposes a large part of the frame.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.