Best slip on for 09 yz450f?

24 replies to this topic
  • Drew22

Posted November 29, 2009 - 07:23 PM

Ok hears the deal. I dont feel like spending a bunch of money for a complete exhaust system so i am looking for a slip on under $350. I want it to give me more power and to have a good sound since the exhaust on the 09 yz sounds a little sissy. How is the two bros m-7 slip on. Or does fmf make a good slip on. which brands will give me the most power and a loud sound. Also do I have to rejet my carb with a slip on or can i get away without jetting? thanks

• FinchFan194

Posted November 29, 2009 - 10:13 PM

I just bought a LeoVince off Ebay for $125. $150 shipped LeoVince has a huge reputation in Europe. The slipon came loaded with goodies, spark arrestor, quiet insert and wash plug. Here is a link to the store-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LeoVince-Exhaust-Yamaha-07-09-YZ-450-F-Leo-Vince_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5524ca8eQQitemZ250536577678QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• mxracer206

Posted November 30, 2009 - 05:03 AM

Always had trouble with the two bro staying together, I know Pro-Circuit and FMF make slip-ons that are good. I have tried the Leo-Vince full system and it made great power but seemed really loud, the two bro is loud also.

• Drew22

Posted November 30, 2009 - 12:20 PM

Always had trouble with the two bro staying together, I know Pro-Circuit and FMF make slip-ons that are good. I have tried the Leo-Vince full system and it made great power but seemed really loud, the two bro is loud also.

which models by fmf and pro-circuit would give me the most power gains and a nice loud sound.

• Greg_T_M

Posted November 30, 2009 - 01:18 PM

I think the 08 and 09 run the same exhaust. I bought a slip on (FMF Q4) and did not notice much difference between it and stock. A week later I put the FMF Powerbomb header on and that made a huge difference. Maybe with the price break that FMF is offereing right now, you could come in for around $350 for a full system.

• KJ790

Posted November 30, 2009 - 03:31 PM

Of what FMF offers, the factory 4.1 performs the best. For Pro Circuit the T-4 or Ti-4 slip-ons would be the best performing. These two perform the same, but the Ti-4 is made out of titanium and the T-4 is stainless so it is cheaper.

• nephic

Posted December 01, 2009 - 07:49 AM

FMF factory, cheap cheap cheap right now.

• tech24

Posted December 01, 2009 - 07:55 AM

My buddy has been happy with his GYTR but its hard to gain much power over stock

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2009 - 10:35 AM

My buddy has been happy with his GYTR but its hard to gain much power over stock

On an '08-'09 it shouldn't be. Not in the mid range, at least. Almost anything is an improvement.

• tech24

Posted December 01, 2009 - 11:03 AM

On an '08-'09 it shouldn't be. Not in the mid range, at least. Almost anything is an improvement.

Really? I didn't think they were that stuffed up, my buddies is '09 and he said its much better. Only other newer bikes that ride with us are Hondas so........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wes Woodin

Posted December 19, 2009 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, after I warmed up my old 09, 4 hours, run it down it down the street at consistent speed, it would surge. This never happened with my Dr.D

• Lankyrider

Posted December 19, 2009 - 02:24 AM

I have a Two Brothers M7 slip on exhaust on my 08 and it has a major difference on performance. Although they are all complaining about the loudness of this exhaust we must consider that this is a RACING exhaust. If it is going to be used for trail riding there is a quiet insert that reduces the sound but also the performance. So the choice is always yours.

• FinchFan194

Posted December 19, 2009 - 11:10 AM

^^^motocross tracks are getting closed down for loud exhaust systems. You won't have any MX tracks to worry about it being loud and "cool" sounding if the get shut down.

• Lankyrider

Posted December 19, 2009 - 08:55 PM

^^^motocross tracks are getting closed down for loud exhaust systems. You won't have any MX tracks to worry about it being loud and "cool" sounding if the get shut down.

I agree with you, i'm not a fan of loud exhausts either and i use a quiet insert whenever i have to. I'm living in Europe and here you can race with an uncorked exhaust only if the MX track is far from populated areas.

• FinchFan194

Posted December 19, 2009 - 11:07 PM

I agree with you, i'm not a fan of loud exhausts either and i use a quiet insert whenever i have to. I'm living in Europe and here you can race with an uncorked exhaust only if the MX track is far from populated areas.

Cool I am just not about promoting "toolbox" or "dunegoon" loud exhaust systems:thumbsup:

• JDAM450

Posted December 20, 2009 - 09:46 AM

I tried my friends Stock '07 pipe and realy liked what it did for the mid range of my '09. I needed a S/A pipe so I went with a FMF Power Core 4. Good price and great power over stock.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 23, 2009 - 07:41 PM

Go with Dr. D. It was mad for this bike

• alstar250

Posted December 26, 2009 - 08:02 AM

YOSHIMURA RS2 - There are a few flat track guys and a slew of MX guys who use this slip on and make some very good power. Quality Yoshimura stuff with a removeable S/A and $300 shipped. That's a very nice pipe

• sport4_3

Posted December 26, 2009 - 10:11 AM

Go with Dr. D. It was mad for this bike

Agreed! I bought my bike a Ti/Ti dr.d for christmas and its an awesome pipe cant say anything about the power yet because theres snow here, but the fit and finish is AMAZING!!!

• pbviking

Posted December 26, 2009 - 03:32 PM

only possible problem with the dr d is noise.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.