Looking for case replacement suggestions, 07 WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • dbshea

Posted November 29, 2009 - 01:41 PM

Was doing a line up a dune and got sucked into a rather beefy rock this weekend. Luckily sand is soft for me, but rocks are hard. Took a good gouge out of the stock skid and chewed up my case. I'm already sold on the scorpion skid as an upgrade but I'd like to know what a good replacement is for the cover. Any suggestions?Posted Image

• dbshea

Posted November 29, 2009 - 03:32 PM

bump for the after dinner crowd...

Seriously?? No one has busted a case?? Wow, you guys are way better riders than me HaHa

Edited by dbshea, November 29, 2009 - 06:10 PM.
didn't want to over bump

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • harvmushman

Posted November 30, 2009 - 08:16 AM

I'll chime in even though I have never done it. Pretty sure you have to replace in pairs. New will likley provide plenty of sticker shock. Perhaps look in usual places for good used set.
How's that?

• Butta

Posted November 30, 2009 - 08:33 AM

Is the actual case damaged, or just the right side cover (holding the water pump assembly)? If it's just the cover, try TT store for discounted pricing. South Seattle Sports Plaza has competitive $ too. If it's the case and not just the cover, then I agree with mgouras.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.