Spark Arrestor

10 replies to this topic
  • Moe

Posted September 05, 2000 - 05:33 PM

I just bought an '00 426. This bike rules!! I like the power delivery of the stock pipe and I am looking for a spark arrestor. My buddy has a '98 400 and he bought a White Bros. e-series (w/discs) but it melted his fender and side plate. Can anyone recommend a good spark arrestor (perhaps a mod to the stock pipe?) that delivers trail-friendly power but won't melt my plastic?

Thanks for your input.

"If yer not scared, yer not going fast enough" ~ The Dirtbiker's Credo

Posted September 05, 2000 - 08:01 PM

Check out the WR400 owners page here at Thumpertalk. Look under "Technical"- scroll down and you'll find the sparky your looking for to modify your stock pipe.

• Taffy

Posted September 06, 2000 - 05:36 AM

same again, go to WR site & click to go back 60 days. clark has tried all the pipes that offer any degree of civility. he's found one called a 'stroker' to go with an fmf powerbomb header. it's all been carefully checked-back to back stuff etc.

it's been done with YZ timing as well so it's all relevant.

[This message has been edited by Taffy (edited 09-06-2000).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 06, 2000 - 05:51 AM

I'm using a FMF Powercore IV^s with spark arrestor. It is great. It has a great sound like an M-60 firing a 10 round burst every time you whack the gas! It makes great power and looks good.

The fit and finish were really good. I paid $233 for it at my local shop. I like it so far.

Roostn in Denver

• Hick

Posted September 06, 2000 - 06:09 AM

I don't know whether it works or not, but White Brothers does sell a deflector plate that mounts with the discs to keep from discoloring or melting the rear fender. Maybe you should tell your buddy about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kcjames

Posted September 14, 2000 - 07:48 AM

Check out Bought a kit from them for around $125. Needs a slight modification that any machine shop can do in order to fit a 426. I made the modification and put it on my 426. Looks, sounds and runs great. I run 12 disks and noticed no loss of power from the stock end cap. I posted details about the modification some time ago so do a search for BMP on this site or DRN for more details if your interested.

• fastkevin

Posted December 02, 2001 - 06:03 AM

I found this in the archive Can anyone tell me if they actually ponied up for this? Seems like a $120 for a simple end cap and screen is a little STEEP. For another $80 or less you can get a "good guy" deal on a complete silencer. Anyone?

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: fastkevin ]

• skthom

Posted December 02, 2001 - 11:44 AM

Like kcjames I have a BMP spark arrestor w/12 discs. I ordered and installed mine in October. I had to do nothing but drill out the stock rivets and install the BMP endcap. No modifications required to the BMP setup.

I recommend the BMP but the promoto billet unit looks nice too.

Steve T

• PK

Posted December 02, 2001 - 09:25 PM

I have the BMP silencer on mine also, although I can only get 11 discs in or else the exhaust deflector won't fit. Runs great, I like the fit of the stock pipe over any aftermarket pipe. I have had a FMF Powercore 4 (loud)and a FMF Q series(too quiet, poor seal), both good pipes but I like the adjustability of the BMP with discs. I had to do a mod to mine to fit also, 10 minutes with a dremel tool did the trick. The Pro Billet unit came out after I bought my BMP or I would have definitely considered it also, it's very nice also.

• Bigbub

Posted December 07, 2001 - 02:59 PM

Hey Moe, (nyuk nyuk)

I have an FMF MegamaxII with S/A and an optional quietcore insert. It is in excellent shape. It was on my street legal 99 400F. The F is long gone but the pipe still hangs in the garage. It has 12 discs, a new aluminum seal bushing and a deflector to save the fender.
I'm on a 250F now.

I'd ship it to your door for 100 frogpelts.

• SoCalWR426

Posted December 08, 2001 - 10:50 PM

I just got the Pro-Moto Billet arrestor, Fit's just like your stock
end cap. Highest quality I've seen.
Yes it's more but well worth it!

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.