Re Jetting question

7 replies to this topic
  • wr450fLee

Posted November 29, 2009 - 04:52 AM

I have owned a UK wr450f 07 since new, I have opened out the air box, and installed a Dep S7 full system exhaust. I have removed the AIS and grey wire.

I have spoke to my dealer about re-jetting and he said I will be fine with the stock jets? He said when they are imported over here they are re-jetted to suit.

Is this correct or am I doing my bike harm? it runs fine and has released alot more power.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 29, 2009 - 10:37 AM

I have owned a UK wr450f 07 since new, I have opened out the air box, and installed a Dep S7 full system exhaust. I have removed the AIS and grey wire.

I have spoke to my dealer about re-jetting and he said I will be fine with the stock jets? He said when they are imported over here they are re-jetted to suit.

Is this correct or am I doing my bike harm? it runs fine and has released alot more power.

Find out for yourself.
According to my 2003 WR manual, the jetting is only slightly different for different contenent, as is still WAY too lean for the modifications you have made, and you need to re-jet. You can buy a jet kit from JD or Dyno jet. It will take you a couple of hours to install.

• GuyGraham

Posted November 30, 2009 - 07:10 AM

Verfiy what size mian jet you have fitted

Should be around 168

If 160 its too lean, and 175 its too rich
160 is std in the UK, 175 is supplied in a little bag for the owner to fit

• Yamaha_Chuck

Posted November 30, 2009 - 09:00 AM

Your Dealer, like every other dealer, knows nothing. Buy a jet kit and it will be one of the best investments for your WR.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fLee

Posted December 01, 2009 - 01:39 AM

Cheers Guys,

Can anybody tell me what size I need to be looking at for a UK bike with the mentioned mods.

Cheers

• BajaFool

Posted December 01, 2009 - 01:10 PM

Use the stock carb specs for the 2004 WR450F USA model. I've used this spec for my 2006 and 2008 WR450F with great results -- you too will be happy. You can find them at the Yamaha Australia or Europe websites under owners' manuals. However here they are (only differences between USA and Europe models noted):
Carburetor:
USA EUROPE
MJ 165 160
JN OBDWR-4 OBDUQ-4 (NUMBER IS CLIP POSITON)
PJ 45 48
PAJ 70 80
PS 1-3/4 1-1/2 (FUEL/AIR SCREW)
Acc.P 60 50

The layout doesn't work too well, but you get the idea. This jetting works well from sea level to 5,000+ft and I regularly achieve 30-40 MPG, depending on trail/road conditions.

• wr450fLee

Posted December 05, 2009 - 05:22 AM

Would I be ok with a jd jet kit, does anybody know?

also should I need to tweak with the acceleration pump?

• Bandit9

Posted December 05, 2009 - 06:13 AM

Yes, and only you will know about the acc pump. After installing the JD kit, if it bogs off idle, then you should check and adjust the acc pump.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.