Radiator Gaurds

7 replies to this topic
  • FNG241_WR450F

Posted April 28, 2003 - 07:05 AM

I just installed a set of Flatland Racing radiator gaurds on my WR450. The things are TOUGH!! If you don't have em, get em! Antoher TT member had suggested them to me and I wanted to pass along some feedback.

• MOmilkman

Posted April 28, 2003 - 07:23 AM

See, we would never steer anyone wrong around here!... :)

• TDog

Posted April 28, 2003 - 07:27 AM

I totally agree. I just received mine and they are much better that any Devol or Works Connection product that I have bought. They are much thicker and very well made. :thumbsup:They are both a brace for the side and a guard for the front all in one piece. The fit is great and the holes in the front are slightly larger than the Devols so they breathe a little better without letting stuff through.

• gloft

Posted April 28, 2003 - 11:45 AM

Hey FNG241_WR450F,
Any idea how much they weigh? I'm still trying to decide between the extra protection vs added weight. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted April 28, 2003 - 12:41 PM

i would say no more than 2 lbs.

• IceBox

Posted April 28, 2003 - 01:33 PM

I just got mine installed also, fit very nice and they are rigid.

I am found that I had to trim more plastic on the left side than the right (still only mm), has anybody else run into this?

Here's to you Flatlands! :)

• IceBox

Posted April 28, 2003 - 01:41 PM

I wouldn't even consider the weight a downside, if you blow out a radiator, your pocket book will be screaming at you for not spending the $75. You would never be able to tell the difference between 2 bikes with and without them unless you were looking right at the beautiful aluminum slots.

:DThey are well worth the minimal weight they add in protection. :)

• FNG241_WR450F

Posted April 28, 2003 - 02:32 PM

I'd say about 2 lbs. Maybe a little less. I share the opinion with most of the other folks here at TT that the small increase in weight is nothing in comparison to the protection that you get. I wouldn't even give that part a second thought. Besides, they look pretty cool too! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.