2010 Yz450F Price (The real deal)

36 replies to this topic
  • Wes Woodin

Posted November 28, 2009 - 05:36 AM

I guess the only question with waiting is exactly how many is your dealer going to get, and how many yamaha is actually going to produce. If it truly is limited production then yamaha will not rebate them and most dealers will have their allotment sold at close to msrp. My dealer is only alloted two so I commited to the 2nd one because it was below msrp and will arrive in march when riding season starts again. I could have told them no and waited to find out the only ones available later where at msrp or higher if there were any available. Maybe yamaha is just playing the market tight to move the left over '08-'09s and will make more '10s available in the spring but no one really knows.

It's exactly what's going to happen.:excuseme:

• rider211

Posted November 28, 2009 - 10:37 AM

heres how it works if nobodys desprate enough to pay thou's crazy prices they cant sell them for it i havent paid set up crate fees doc fees or any of that b.s. in 15 yrs. because i let the salesmen know rite up front i dont n wont and that i know what they can put them otd for realisticly, and also i tell them that i put in quote requests to every dealer within the surounding states for the lowest otd price ill drive 3 4 hrs. to get it even if it means that the gas cost puts the otd close to some1 closer to me just because i wont be 1 of these guys that let the otd price be out of control anything over $300 under msrp is crazy! usualy its 5 or 600 under otd the closest ive paid was last yr.350 under msrp i got the white 2010 yz450f for $7399 otd after putting in probaly 15 qoute requests and listning to a few loads of crap outta sales mens mouths about why they no dealer could sell it for less than msrp. and i told them all to go to hell they were full of it! i heard 8300,8500,8000,even 8700 from 1 guy and then it was 7700 and 7600 so guys dont let them take your $ shop around and let them know that you know better! and the prices wont be that high if we dont let them be

• tom a payne

Posted November 28, 2009 - 11:55 AM

Dealer near my place has two at $7950 plus tax and shit. Close to 10k otd ! Ill wait.

• RCannon

Posted November 28, 2009 - 01:06 PM

9695.00 here locally, but I could have taken it home on the spot...white was 125.00 more, of course. LOL

I think i'll wait for the going out of business sale. Judging by the crowd there today, it wont be long.

• Mike546

Posted November 28, 2009 - 04:47 PM

heres how it works if nobodys desprate enough to pay thou's crazy prices they cant sell them for it i havent paid set up crate fees doc fees or any of that b.s. in 15 yrs. because i let the salesmen know rite up front i dont n wont and that i know what they can put them otd for realisticly, and also i tell them that i put in quote requests to every dealer within the surounding states for the lowest otd price ill drive 3 4 hrs. to get it even if it means that the gas cost puts the otd close to some1 closer to me just because i wont be 1 of these guys that let the otd price be out of control anything over $300 under msrp is crazy! usualy its 5 or 600 under otd the closest ive paid was last yr.350 under msrp i got the white 2010 yz450f for $7399 otd after putting in probaly 15 qoute requests and listning to a few loads of crap outta sales mens mouths about why they no dealer could sell it for less than msrp. and i told them all to go to hell they were full of it! i heard 8300,8500,8000,even 8700 from 1 guy and then it was 7700 and 7600 so guys dont let them take your $ shop around and let them know that you know better! and the prices wont be that high if we dont let them be

Troy City Garage?

• Wes Woodin

Posted November 28, 2009 - 05:51 PM

look as though most people are gonna wait. :excuseme:

• 02WR426Cali

Posted November 28, 2009 - 05:59 PM

Hey Wes Woodin.....Okay so you passed on the 10 for now, good job I would too. But you said you are probably going to buy an 09 now.....again???? I thought you already had an 09! What do you need another one for?

• Wes Woodin

Posted November 29, 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hey Wes Woodin.....Okay so you passed on the 10 for now, good job I would too. But you said you are probably going to buy an 09 now.....again???? I thought you already had an 09! What do you need another one for?

Well last Christmas I bought two bikes with the 0% no pmt no int. The promo ended and I had to pay for both bikes. I needed to sell my 09 450 to pay for my son 08 250F. I couldn't sell the 250. So I sold mt 450 to pay for the 250, then traded the 250 for a Honda crf150 because the 250 was too big. I just ran out of time on the promo. SO.........................Now I'm going to buy another 450F. Only white this time. I will probably put blue plastic on it though. Blue with black rims. Should look pretty sweet. Going with DrD pipe, powerbowl and a bunch of GYTR stuff. Can't wait. Should have later this week.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rider211

Posted November 29, 2009 - 10:41 AM

no othg mike, i got it at plainstow powersports in plainstow n.h.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted November 29, 2009 - 10:54 PM

Oh ok now it makes sense. Show it off when you get it all going

• Mike546

Posted November 30, 2009 - 12:25 PM

no othg mike, i got it at plainstow powersports in plainstow n.h.

Are you a friend of Jessie's? He said a friend of his had one coming and had a KX450 to sell. Might just be a coincidence.

• rider211

Posted November 30, 2009 - 04:11 PM

no this is my 1st time with them i only talked 2 bill but ya i had a kx450 to sell them

• brentn

Posted January 11, 2010 - 06:21 PM

9695.00 here locally, but I could have taken it home on the spot...white was 125.00 more, of course. LOL

I think i'll wait for the going out of business sale. Judging by the crowd there today, it wont be long.

lmao, :moon: aint that the truth...

I was at blackfoot a few weeks ago and there were about 2 customers in the whole store when I went to pick up some parts I ordered. I see exactly what you mean.

Inflation is getting crazy, combine that with the markup the company wants to make and 10 000$ bikes will be the norm in 2011 like the other guy said.

• CLenhart

Posted January 11, 2010 - 06:26 PM

St. Charles Yamaha in St. Charles Missouri said they would sell them all day for $7300 OTD. My buddy and I drove out and picked up a white one on Saturday (he wanted blue, but they sold out). Think the salesmans name was Mark.

Good price if you can pick it up.

CL-

• ProMed

Posted January 12, 2010 - 06:04 AM

my dealer isn't gouging. i'm paying 7550 otd but then again i don't have it yet. it's supposed to be here in december. considering tax 8300 otd isn't bad. some guys are paying a lot more.

I know you posted this two months ago, but have you gotten it yet?

• Beatcoaster

Posted January 12, 2010 - 01:16 PM

I guess the only question with waiting is exactly how many is your dealer going to get, and how many yamaha is actually going to produce. If it truly is limited production then yamaha will not rebate them and most dealers will have their allotment sold at close to msrp. My dealer is only alloted two so I commited to the 2nd one because it was below msrp and will arrive in march when riding season starts again. I could have told them no and waited to find out the only ones available later where at msrp or higher if there were any available. Maybe yamaha is just playing the market tight to move the left over '08-'09s and will make more '10s available in the spring but no one really knows.

Nor do the dealers seem to know, every one I have talked to either had a 2010 and sold it immediatly or hasn't even gotten one yet. I just picked my white one up for MSRP 7990 + dest/shipping($500ish)/tax(brutal 9.5%)/license($40)/etc and was right around $9350 OTD. I have heard multiple times that Yamaha will not allow dealers in my area to go below MSRP, or they are all lying to me. My 2010 was this shop's first one, didn't know when or if they would be getting another in for quite sometime. No one in the shop had even heard it started before - it was quite the show for the whole place when they did the delivery lube/start up on it - you could have robbed the place.

I thought the seamingly steep price over for a few hours, weighing the $5499 price of the 09's and even the $4499 price of the 08 they had; but it's seemed tough buying something that has been sitting for 2+ years on their floor, knowing the potential of the 2010 out of the box. The icing on the cake for me was the $0 down, 7.99% financing for 36months. My mortgage just came down $250/mo so it's like getting a free bike for a year now compared to what I am used to, and it will be paid off in two years anyway...

Not the best price, but I will have the bike for 5+ years, so who cares...

• moto278

Posted January 12, 2010 - 04:51 PM

i dont like buyin anything new. no matter the price. but i got the whit 10 for 8330 otd here.7990 4% interest blah blah blah. ive still got my 05 250f i bought new, its 5 years old. i dont like sellin stuff either, i plan on keepin my bikes til way on in life. im only 21 but i look at them and think when im older, my kids can learn to ride em. or my gf now likes ridin my 250 haha. but payin the higher price on the 10 was stupid as its the middle of winter, but ill be ridin it long after most ppl keep theres so i dont look at it as losin any resale value. thats me tho

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.