Cali DMV fees 08 WR

4 replies to this topic
  • Rooster426

Posted November 25, 2009 - 08:23 PM

So I have an opportunity to pick up an 08 WR 450, the owner has not registered the bike since he purchased it last year (:excuseme:). Which means that it's never been registered since he bought it. He has the title but I'm thinking 2 years of back registration fees won't be pleasant. Any idea how I can calculate how much this will run me? I can obviously use this as a bargaining tool as well. But 4k is a good price....

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 25, 2009 - 08:45 PM

So I have an opportunity to pick up an 08 WR 450, the owner has not registered the bike since he purchased it last year (:excuseme:). Which means that it's never been registered since he bought it. He has the title but I'm thinking 2 years of back registration fees won't be pleasant. Any idea how I can calculate how much this will run me? I can obviously use this as a bargaining tool as well. But 4k is a good price....

He couldn't have purchased it new without registering it, so who's name is on the pink, and can they be reached to verify previous ownership?

My last registration was $ 125.00 for one year (dual reg).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davegod

Posted November 25, 2009 - 08:51 PM

green sticker is 50 bux for 2 years.fees shouldn't be to bad even for ca. get a bill of sale stating sale price is less than actual and save a few tax dollars. i mean i'm just saying.... besides, the a-holes in sacto ripped us for $90,000,000 from our ohv fund.:excuseme:

• Rooster426

Posted November 25, 2009 - 09:29 PM

Good point, I need to verify who's on the title.

• BajaFool

Posted November 25, 2009 - 09:30 PM

Krannie hit the nail on the head. No dealer would sell a new bike and not register it. Something is not right with this story. Check the pink slip and ensure that the seller is the legal owner of the bike (i.e., no lien holder listed on the pink slip).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.