"Looky" what I brought home today!

73 replies to this topic
  • aedwards07

Posted November 28, 2009 - 09:07 AM

They sold two so far is what I heard. They didn't have a date on when they'll get another one in. I want to see one so bad lol.

Yep they did.They got the blue one in and sold it and they have a deposit on a white one as well.

• nickeenoo

Posted November 28, 2009 - 11:52 AM

Jeff, I'm looking forward to you taking a spin on my Smart Performance modified bike and hearing how the suspension compares to the 2010. You still planning on the poker run on the 5th?

Nate

• rickallen124

Posted November 28, 2009 - 04:50 PM

OK, I now have several hrs of hard riding on my new bike. This bike is incredible! It feels very light and neutral when ridden and is very easy to control. The front has no hint of push when cornering and loves the inside rut as well as sweeping the fast outside line. It dosen't want to stand up in the corners and feels very controlled. The suspension is very plush yet takes a hit with no complaints. I am 6' 3" tall and weigh 205lbs. I ride 40+ expert both moto and dez and while I will need to use stiffer springs the stock setup was very nice! I have a friend that is a former AMA pro that has qualified for a 250 main in supercross in yrs past. He is a diehard Kawi man and I let him run a tank through it at the track. He was blown away also. He would pound the whoops on the arena cross track. These whoops are full blown SX style and he claimed the suspension was equal to any he had ridden before. That was box stock and before I had even adjusted the sag. He now wants a YZ.
The motor is very responsive off idle and pulls hard through the middle but tends to go flat on top. Maybe the GYTR tuner can move the power around. At 1st the motor felt almost corked but as it was ridden more it seemed to improve a bit.
I changed the oil and filter after the 1st 30 min, that really improved the shifting. Also both drains bolts are idenical and on the same side as the filter. There is know more dip stick and no more stripped lower bolts on the filter cover.
The bike will start 1 or 2 kicks most of the time but several kicks at other times. Not sure what I think of the air filter and access yet and you really can hear the air sucking when riding it.
I had my 09 with me at the track and even with it being completely set up and dialed for me I liked the stock 2010 better. I don't even want to ride the 09 anymore.
Bottom line is this bike is Awesome! :excuseme::thumbsup:
JB

Thanks for the ride report Jeff. Let us know if you get a chance to use the tuner.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 28, 2009 - 07:53 PM

Total net profit is the key to the matter. Your remark about the parts department fails to take into account any of the expenses, such as salaries and shipping costs, incurred by that segment of the business.

Insurance companies operate at about 2% profit, oil companies, roughly 3-5%. ANY net profit will keep a business running, and any small business that NETS 5% or better is doing fine, thanks.

You are not being clear about profit. Profit on a sale, Gross, net, Profit dollars, Net profit after taxes, etc, etc.

5% net, net profit (meaning after all payroll, & expenses including taxes) is considered healthy, as long as your business is growing every year enough to out run inflation. If it is not, then you will fail in a few years. That is why net net profit MUST be more than 5% for a small business in the present day economy.

Oil companies work off of profit dollars, not profit margin. They do such humongous volume, that extremely low margins are irrelevant. They still take in Billions and billions of 'profit dollars' each year.

• grayracer513

Posted November 28, 2009 - 09:12 PM

You are not being clear about profit. Profit on a sale, Gross, net, Profit dollars, Net profit after taxes, etc, etc.

5% net, net profit (meaning after all payroll, & expenses including taxes) is considered healthy

That's what I said.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted November 28, 2009 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the ride report, sounds like a great bike!

• 380mxcrider

Posted November 28, 2009 - 09:56 PM

wow can u get them shipped to your door like that

• nickeenoo

Posted November 28, 2009 - 11:20 PM

No offense to all of you economics professors, but everytime I see some new posts on this thread I am hoping for some more info on the 2010 not a space trip back in time to my college days.

Nate

• mediumfast

Posted November 29, 2009 - 12:35 AM

agreed. you're either going to buy it or not. you will probably be able to get it cbeaper 10 months from from now but i think production is gonna change from now on. the days of getting bargain basement prices on new bikes are drawing to an end. remember low supply=high demand and fewer leftovers.

• twenty34

Posted November 29, 2009 - 03:27 AM

No offense to all of you economics professors, but everytime I see some new posts on this thread I am hoping for some more info on the 2010 not a space trip back in time to my college days.

Nate

You mean, this formula doesn't get you all giddy with excitement? :excuseme:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted November 29, 2009 - 03:31 AM

remember low supply=high demand and fewer leftovers.

Sorry, but you forgot the part about 10+% unemployment.

• ProMed

Posted November 29, 2009 - 04:51 AM

you will probably be able to get it cbeaper 10 months from from now but i think production is gonna change from now on.

You should be able to get it cheaper 3-6 months from now and even much more cheaper 10 months from now since the 2011's will probably already be announced by next October. My guess is that 3-6 months this little new bike surge will be over and reality will set back in. imo of course..

• mxengineer4

Posted November 29, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Nate

While mine has not shown up yet I finally got a chance to spend a little time on a friends new 2010 YZ450 this afternoon. No economics lesson though maybe a little engineering! My ride impressions follow:

First thing that stood out to me is the light and quick steering. Super easy to change directions. Nothing like my 08 YZ450. Very quick steering response that makes the bike feel lighter in motion. Loved it.

Next is the throttle response - borderline abrupt. The bike almost leaps forward with the initial turn of the throttle. Can be very fun and also can make it more difficult to maintain traction in slippery conditons. Off idle not as jumpy as the 09 CRF450 but not as smooth as the RMZ450. It has a light flywheel feeling like the 09 CRF450. Perhaps the GYTR EFI tuner will allow owners to change this off idle response. The power is very strong down low and into the mid but seems to flatten out up top. To me this bike felt very fast even as the power smoothed out up top.

The gearing is suppose to be indentical to the previous YZ450's but seemed to be a little tall. The bike pulls it fine and the gearing makes the power seem broader.

Suspension wise the forks felt very plush while the rear felt a little stiffer. The bike feels pretty plush on the little chop and moves through the stroke to absorb the bit hits and has very good bottoming resistance.

I did not like the stock ergos. The bars feel low and the pegs feel high. The front of the bike is kind of wide and high. The 09 CRF450 felt better stock to me. Even my 08 YZ450 felt better stock. Not a deal breaker just an observation.

For me the agility and quickness of the chassis are the main strengths of this bike. I love how quickly and effortlessly it will change directions and cornering is great.

Engineerling Lesson #1: mass centralization is good! Can't wait till my 10 YZ450F shows up....hopefully soon! Here are a few pics from the ride.....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• rider211

Posted November 30, 2009 - 06:30 AM

i agree that dealers dont make there $ on selling mx bikes...well not unless there gouging like the 1s that are trying to get over msrp or the 1s charging outragous prices like 9000 or more for the 2010,the prices will go down after the 1st round,i got a great deal for 7399 otd luckily the closest dealer to it wanted 7699 the rest want all over 8300! the dealerships make there money of the parts they sell you and the work to the bike thats 90 bucks an hr. labor and pay there tecs $18-30 the rest is profit not alot of them are making $ of parts thou as you can usualy get them cheaper and faster online unless your A- sponsored by your dealer or B-they have a good racer discount program and actualy keep the important parts instock,with not many around here do,my local kawi/zuk dealer just went under after alot of yrs. it sucked because i got parts there the same as online prices and alot of the time they had it instock or at there other store 1hr. away if not they'd make sure i got it in time 1 way or the other so i never miss a race, so if you guys have a dealer like that buy ur stuff there support them if they are good to you .....or you will lose them in this economy and you'll be in the same boat as me...nowhere to get parts without driving atleast n hr. if you in a pinch and paying way to much for what you need to get on the track next weekend! i coulda went in there on thursday and no matter what was wrong with my bike id be at the track on sat. even if they had to put bikes in there on hold to fix mine...and let me run a tab on the bill if needed, the only problem with local dealers is the gear and other stuff they carry is usualy all the same stuff bottom of the line gear,,,and scott grips/goggles and so on and so on....r.i.p. wareham cycle center

• boisedave

Posted November 30, 2009 - 11:27 AM

Mxengineer4 -- How does the YZF compare to your Husaberg? I am curious about how Yamaha's approach to mass centralization compares with Husaberg's.

• nickeenoo

Posted November 30, 2009 - 12:01 PM

i agree that dealers dont make there $ on selling mx bikes...well not unless there gouging like the 1s that are trying to get over msrp or the 1s charging outragous prices like 9000 or more for the 2010,the prices will go down after the 1st round,i got a great deal for 7399 otd luckily the closest dealer to it wanted 7699 the rest want all over 8300! the dealerships make there money of the parts they sell you and the work to the bike thats 90 bucks an hr. labor and pay there tecs $18-30 the rest is profit not alot of them are making $ of parts thou as you can usualy get them cheaper and faster online unless your A- sponsored by your dealer or B-they have a good racer discount program and actualy keep the important parts instock,with not many around here do,my local kawi/zuk dealer just went under after alot of yrs. it sucked because i got parts there the same as online prices and alot of the time they had it instock or at there other store 1hr. away if not they'd make sure i got it in time 1 way or the other so i never miss a race, so if you guys have a dealer like that buy ur stuff there support them if they are good to you .....or you will lose them in this economy and you'll be in the same boat as me...nowhere to get parts without driving atleast n hr. if you in a pinch and paying way to much for what you need to get on the track next weekend! i coulda went in there on thursday and no matter what was wrong with my bike id be at the track on sat. even if they had to put bikes in there on hold to fix mine...and let me run a tab on the bill if needed, the only problem with local dealers is the gear and other stuff they carry is usualy all the same stuff bottom of the line gear,,,and scott grips/goggles and so on and so on....r.i.p. wareham cycle center

That might be the longest run on sentence in the history of Thumper Talk but I do agree to support local dealers as long as they are not gouging.

• rider211

Posted November 30, 2009 - 12:22 PM

That might be the longest run on sentence in the history of Thumper Talk but I do agree to support local dealers as long as they are not gouging.

no ive posted longer ones that way i dont like to go back and forth awsering so i post it all at once:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted November 30, 2009 - 12:23 PM

That might be the longest run on sentence in the history of Thumper Talk ...

:banghead:

• Wes Woodin

Posted November 30, 2009 - 03:47 PM

hehehe:smirk:

• BBrown626

Posted November 30, 2009 - 06:19 PM

After all that R&D $$$ the YZ450F rides like a YZ250 but doesn't start nearly as easy!:banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.