YZ 426 Knocking

1 reply to this topic
  • anthony

Posted September 03, 2000 - 03:29 PM

Hey there guy's my 426 is knocking they thought it was a clutch basket,but it has been replaced but the motor still knock's,it knock's just on idle under load when letting clutch out.When trail riding and you are low in the rev's it's very clanky what the hell is wrong with this thing,yamaha dealer replaced the basket as they thought the spring's for the cush drive in the rear of the basket were loose so they replaced but the noise is still there,the bike has done very little use since new never been raced just trail ridden. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ426_Kicks

Posted September 04, 2000 - 03:17 AM

Originally posted by Anthony:
Hey there guy's my 426 is knocking they thought it was a clutch basket,but it has been replaced but the motor still knock's,it knock's just on idle under load when letting clutch out.When trail riding and you are low in the rev's it's very clanky what the hell is wrong with this thing,yamaha dealer replaced the basket as they thought the spring's for the cush drive in the rear of the basket were loose so they replaced but the noise is still there,the bike has done very little use since new never been raced just trail ridden. :)

Hey Anthony

I just bought my first bike, 2000 YZ426F, and I too have noticed a "tinging" sound when in idle, and when first reving up. The bike doesn't sound like others, and I've inquired about it. Everyone I've spoken to says that is "normal" for Yamaha's. The tinging on my bike is noticeable, but not very loud. Kinda reminds me of an old Subaru I had. You didn't say how old your bike was. I too ride just the trails-loose clay, rocks, water, and lots of mud. Let me know how you make out.

Randy

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.