WARNING-The Fuel Screw falls out!

26 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted April 24, 2006 - 12:03 AM

never had that problem in 800 miles on my 04 WR450. Have the Zip-Ty now.

Me too, and I got over 2500 miles on my bike now.....

Some people must be using them outside of their intended range? :thumbsup:

• Crapster

Posted April 24, 2006 - 02:31 AM

If you have lost the old screw, you need a little spring, washer and o-ring.:

Do I have to get this from yamaha or can I just try to pick some up at a car parts shop?

I think I'm gonna grab the KTM fuel screw (steel with built in oring).

Can someone post a pic of what it all looks like and how it goes together?

[EDIT]

Nevermind.... I ordered a stealth stainless steel fuel screw and 2x Stealth spring sets (One set spare). Postage was the killer and I can get fuel screws local just not the spring/oring etc

$25 USD postage on a fuel screw to australia. =/

• nitronaf

Posted April 25, 2006 - 01:11 AM

Do I have to get this from yamaha or can I just try to pick some up at a car parts shop?

I think I'm gonna grab the KTM fuel screw (steel with built in oring).

Can someone post a pic of what it all looks like and how it goes together?

[EDIT]

Nevermind.... I ordered a stealth stainless steel fuel screw and 2x Stealth spring sets (One set spare). Postage was the killer and I can get fuel screws local just not the spring/oring etc

$25 USD postage on a fuel screw to australia. =/

got a link matey? =D
stupid repco and supercheap dont have a spare o-ring :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Crapster

Posted April 25, 2006 - 03:40 AM

http://www.stealthracingtech.com

Australian bike retailers really need to get their act into gear. From what I've seen problems with losing the fuel screw aren't exactly rare yet I've been into a few of the biggest off-road bike shops in Brisbane (a decent sized aussie city) and not one of them had a fuel screw in stock and a couple didn't even know what I was talking about.

Still stinging from paying the shipping from USA though =/

• Crapster

Posted May 01, 2006 - 11:53 PM

Well, fuel screw and 2 sets of springs etc turned up today. Whacked a set in and nothin....

Nah not really. Took a good 10 mins of fiddling around with the setting of the screw and kicking it until I finally was able to start it easily.

And guess what... It idles!!! wohooo. I think I still need to look at my setting a bit but I'll do this on the weekend when I have some time.

The other really funny thing happened as I was struggling to kick start her was that the original fuel screw dropped out the bottom. It must of been wedged in somewhere out of the way. I had taken the bike for a couple quick runs and had my carb completely out and everything since it had originally come out.

So now I have a spare screw and springs.

=)

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted May 02, 2006 - 01:28 AM

500 miles here and hasn't fallen out

• Crapster

Posted May 07, 2006 - 06:19 PM

UPDATE:

OK I was able to go for my first major ride this weekend just gone. I went to a proper bike park (Black Duck Valley) and spent a couple hours on the novice MX track.

Bike is running great. Performance is mindboggling, it's starting first kick cold or hot and not a problem to be noticed. My riding on the other hand definately needs some improvement. Took my first decent spill at about 60km/hr (40mph) and not one bruise or scratch to me and only very slight scratches to my bike.

Thanks for all the help guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.