stage 1 hot cams 06 wr450

2 replies to this topic
  • fn2mntl

Posted November 23, 2009 - 06:08 PM

I have just recently installed stage 1hot cams in my 06 wr 450,now bike runs rough at low and mid steady throttle. have already done free mods,quick shot, mix screw. But no other jetting. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted November 24, 2009 - 07:50 AM

Yes, it's time to re-jet. Popping on decel? High idle? Stumble when throttle cracked? Sounds like you're lean on the pilot and maybe needle/main....I'd go up one on the pilot, see what that does, and adjust your fuel screw. If you've still got a rough running engine, go up one on the main as well. Colder air temps will require more fuel, too.....it's in the 30's here, not sure what it is out there.

• unclemd

Posted November 24, 2009 - 09:53 AM

I just recently installed hotcams in my 07 wr450f first ride while doing the 30 minute break in i also found my bike running rough. Installed a JD jetting kit and emailed the company for advice they told me what i should be running. Installed the recommended jetting and the bike ran alot better.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.