WR426 Frame and Engine Fitment

2 replies to this topic
  • GLantern

Posted November 23, 2009 - 12:27 PM

I have a lead on a WR426 for cheap without an engine or carbs and was considering picking it up and dropping an engine into it. Any idea what i could fit into it and how tough it would be? I'm mechanically inclined and have pulled apart old cars among other things. Anything i should look for on the frame etc? It has the stock exhaust with it too!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lowercasee

Posted November 23, 2009 - 02:36 PM

Probably the easiest fitment would be a 450 from an a pre-aluminum WR or YZ. I'm sure there are plenty of those out there.

• l_campionero

Posted November 23, 2009 - 02:41 PM

There's boatloads of 400s and 426s that will drop right in. Don't make it harder than it needs to be, and good luck with your project!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.