cracked left radiator

8 replies to this topic
  • 06yamaha450f

Posted November 23, 2009 - 11:48 AM

some how had something hit the backside of the left side radiator and put a hairline crack in it. any ideas on where to find a replacement factory or aftermarket? Or do i risk it and have someone try and fix it to save the money?

• grayracer513

Posted November 23, 2009 - 01:29 PM

Save the money:

• 06yamaha450f

Posted November 23, 2009 - 01:58 PM

i did some research and that seems to be the place to go to. i have some local shops but they dont specialize in motorcycle radiators.

• JJRace

Posted November 23, 2009 - 02:11 PM

You can fix the stocker.

Check Ebay. There are some good companies there that sell aftermarket units. I have a set of ASI on my CRF450 and they have been great for the past 2 years. Cost was like $150 for the pair shipped. Really inexpensive for oversized units.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted November 23, 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'm sure you can find a local radiator shop that can fix it up for's not rocket science.

I use a local auto radiator shop for all my repairs...the guy can work magic.

• jlkfg

Posted November 24, 2009 - 06:56 AM

I second Gray, Mylers does great work, probably ends up stornger than stock with reinforced corners etc. Although, I have the advantage of dropping them off at his door!

• 06yamaha450f

Posted November 24, 2009 - 12:00 PM

just sent it ups to him today. i hear he does great work so its worth the 4 days one way to get it done right.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted November 25, 2009 - 06:39 AM

just sent it ups to him today. i hear he does great work so its worth the 4 days one way to get it done right.

You will be pleased!.....put a hole in my 06 at the first race of the year. Thought I was going to have to buy a new rad.

Sent it to 4 days had it back costed me 50 bucks and I was pleased.

• jlkfg

Posted November 25, 2009 - 07:25 AM

Yep, I think he uses some sort of magical pixie dust or something... It's amazing!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.