LOWERING THIS BEAST

2 replies to this topic
  • LASELVAXR650L

Posted April 27, 2003 - 02:38 AM

I am trying to lower the seat height on my new XR650l. It is at the stock 37 inches now and would like to bring it down about 2 inches. Has anybody had any luck with this one?
Note: I installed the Baja lowering link yesterday and it had no change to seat height.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted April 27, 2003 - 03:10 PM

I lowered an XR400 for a friend by making spacers for the fork and shock. It moves up the area in the shock where it tops out. It was simple but you have to pull the shock and forks apart to do it. I suppose the fact I have a lathe in my garage helps also but the parts are simple and any machine shop could do it for you.

• BadKarma00

Posted April 28, 2003 - 07:01 AM

I don't know about the seat on the XR's because I don't own one but, I have had luck shaving some of the seat foam off with an electric knife. Lowered it about an inch. If you don't need any more than that it is easier than having new suspension parts made.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.