Anyone ever bust their WR's clutch cover?

9 replies to this topic
  • Steve_Claus

Posted May 06, 2003 - 04:52 PM

CFC Case Shields for Yamaha are now available in the TT store at: Link to CFC Case Shields in the TT Store

Also read the TT product review at:
http://www.thumperta...asesavers.shtml

• bigdrtrdr

Posted April 27, 2003 - 04:48 AM

My CFC case shield is already on, Looks great and really cleaned up the look of my well worn clutch cover.
Thanks CFC :)

• rockieman

Posted May 06, 2003 - 04:52 PM

Does this mean I don't need JB Weld anymore? :)

• BrandonW

Posted May 13, 2003 - 11:11 AM

Doesn't weight much, looks great, and I can leave *SOME* of the JBWeld at the house. :)

Posted Image

Thanks CFC! :D

• oldbones

Posted June 17, 2003 - 03:43 PM

Wow, those guys in the store are quick. I just bought mine online today, and about two hours later I get an email that the part has been shipped! Can't wait to put it on.

If I already have a crack in stock plate, should I JB Weld it up before installing cover? Or just slap it over the crack?

:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted June 17, 2003 - 04:09 PM

weld it or use epoxy on it just for peace of mind :D :)

• Aussie_Bigman

Posted June 17, 2003 - 04:31 PM

Has anyone had trouble with the "ignition" side plate with damage? If there is enough demand the guys from CFC have said they may manufacture a shield for this side as well. :)

• oldbones

Posted June 19, 2003 - 04:49 PM

Got my clutch side cover today, less than 48 hours after ordering! I expected it to fit just a little closer than it does, I can get a fingernail under it all the way around. But, it looks good, weighs nothing, and I feel confident it is going to stop the oil weepage from the hairline crack just above my brake lever. As long as it stays on I'm stoked!

Geez, now that it's on the bike, I can barely refrain from riding it around the block to see if it goes much faster... I'm sure it will, I just know it! :)

• oldbones

Posted August 08, 2003 - 07:48 PM

OK, month and a half, CFC cover still in place. I siliconed it on right over my cracked cover, no more oil weepage! Many new scuffs and dings in CFC cover, for sure would have killed the stocker for good by now.

Good product. :)

OH, yeah, and I am pretty sure I picked up 3 horse, but haven't dyno'd it yet.

• ddialogue

Posted August 09, 2003 - 12:50 PM

Has anyone had trouble with the "ignition" side plate with damage? If there is enough demand the guys from CFC have said they may manufacture a shield for this side as well. :)

Mine fell over on the pavement and the shifter put quite a nick in the ignition cover (on the recessed part of the cover) but didn't knock a hole in it. I would feel better about having a cover for that side and I'm having one built since CFC doesn't offer one. I do own own the CFC clutch cover guard and like it very much.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.