GYT-R Yamaha frame guards look cheesey...But ??

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtstiff

Posted April 26, 2003 - 04:29 PM

Hey guys, take a look at the plastic frame guards I just put on my WR. They look a little cheesey but I think they will work.For some reason on all the bikes I have ever owned, I seem to wear all the paint and half the metal off the the sides with my boots.. Maybe these no weight plastic guards will help and save my new bikes finish. What do you guys think ???? GYR-T Frame guard # 1 GYR-T Frame guard # 2 :thinking:Thanks, Dirtstiff

• adamwagar

Posted April 27, 2003 - 02:34 AM

The plastic gaurds work ok. Just don't take them off. When you do you'll see the paint is pretty wasted. Just like when you pull out the bedliner in your pickup.

Yamaha paint is very fragile. It's hard to keep your bike looking new. During the season I just wash and ride. Then in the winter I buy new plastic and a can of Yamaha Blue spray paint from PJ-1.

Yamahas are like beautiful women. Higher maintenence. But worth the effort. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr600r

Posted April 27, 2003 - 04:44 AM

I use works connection frame guards, and blue skate board grip tape from gaylon's sporting goods, on the frame above the gaurds. looks good so far.
Good call on the beautiful women , Adam. :)

• dirtstiff

Posted April 30, 2003 - 04:44 PM

Thanks all, the plastic guards seem to work great. :) Dirtstiff

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.