Is there a quick way to break in motocross boots?

7 replies to this topic
  • Dutch

Posted April 26, 2003 - 11:44 AM

I got a new pair of Tech 8's and they are so stiff! Is there a way to hurry up this process?

• qadsan

Posted April 26, 2003 - 12:45 PM

Wear them every day around the house whenever you can. They'll feel better in due time.

• jws

Posted April 26, 2003 - 04:52 PM

i had the same problem with the tech 8s being real stiff at first. i hated them! i would wear my old AXO rc2s when i would ride and the 8s i would wear around the house to break in. now i love em! really comfortable ive only had em a couple of months. you will love em too! :)

• needsprayer

Posted April 26, 2003 - 05:35 PM

Wear them to work :D and make MX noises. ARing-ga Dingy Dingy Ding :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hrothgar

Posted April 27, 2003 - 03:28 AM

Soak the boots in water overnight, then go riding the next day wearing the wet boots. Sounds weird but it works great and the boots will be broken in in one day. Try it, it works. :)

• PeterJ

Posted April 27, 2003 - 09:11 AM

Wear 'em! And when your done, hang 'em up. Especially if you use the soak'em theory. I use a stretched out metal hanger. Loop the top buckle from each boot through the hanger and hang them up in the basement. This keeps the boots in the correct shape while they dry so that the ankles don't get all wide and goofy.

• Dezrider

Posted April 27, 2003 - 11:01 AM

Treadmill. :)

• JackAttack

Posted April 27, 2003 - 05:10 PM

I wear mine to bed. Sometimes I make my wife hold a pair of handlebars...................well never mind the rest :D, Tech 8's don't take that long to break in. :)

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  47 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.