fmf q4 vs stock 09 yz450 exhaust

5 replies to this topic
  • rmcr250r

Posted November 19, 2009 - 04:23 PM

are there any performance gains with an fmf q4 over a stock yz450f exhaust?

• saccityfire

Posted November 19, 2009 - 05:33 PM

I don't know. What I do know is that I'm grinning ear to ear after a full day at Mammoth Bar OHV park MX track with my new 96db MRD full stainless system with spark arrestor. Slightly quieter (than stock) and a deeper snarl to go with unbelievable power gains. I was riding 20 laps with stock pipe + pro moto billet spark arrestor insert. I got arm pump after 5 with the new pipe. After a break and some "getting back in proper form" I was able to pull 15 but man oh man was the grin huge. Gone is the clutch slipping for power. Hello to the front tire climbing into your face power. Short approach 45' table top no problem now...

Anybody who says a YZ450F is slow has been riding the stock pipe.

Thanks Gray and others who recommended the MRD. I'm one very happy customer!!

• rmcr250r

Posted November 19, 2009 - 05:56 PM

yea basically id like to keep it quiet but want some power gains as well cause the stocker is lacking. I do like the 20% off deal with fmf though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • saccityfire

Posted November 19, 2009 - 09:40 PM

I paid $479 delivered to my door for the whole system. The power gains are unreal. I'm sure the Q would be good also although there is another major difference (besides the can) I noted in comparing the MRD to stock. The inlet to the header is only about 2/3 of the size of stock on the MRD (MRD is smaller). I'm assuming the added back pressure does something for the power cause it really rips. I had about 45 hours with stock and notice a major difference. Sometimes you can find an ebay deal on a brand new MRD also.

• Kasjok

Posted November 19, 2009 - 11:23 PM

I paid $479 delivered to my door for the whole system. The power gains are unreal. I'm sure the Q would be good also although there is another major difference (besides the can) I noted in comparing the MRD to stock. The inlet to the header is only about 2/3 of the size of stock on the MRD (MRD is smaller). I'm assuming the added back pressure does something for the power cause it really rips. I had about 45 hours with stock and notice a major difference. Sometimes you can find an ebay deal on a brand new MRD also.

What type of system did he built for you? Low-mid, overall or mid-high?

• saccityfire

Posted November 20, 2009 - 03:33 PM

I just sent in the order form from his web site. There are no options for power range. The options are for sound level and spark arrestor or not. I ordered the 96db, procomp tip with spark arrestor. Hope this helps

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.