trip reset

4 replies to this topic
  • Brennan805

Posted November 18, 2009 - 06:16 PM

Hey guys, am I missing something here? Just bought a new WR450 and I can't reset the trip log on the fly, only in neutral. Is this for real?

• tribalbc

Posted November 18, 2009 - 06:47 PM

You can't be moving to reset the trip.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eu001939

Posted November 19, 2009 - 10:40 AM

I just discovererd the same problem on my '08 WR450F. Apparently this is by design.

I just installed the trip remote control on the handle bars, a genuine Yamaha part by the way, but what good is it if you can't change the trip while driving anyway ?

Does anybody know of a mod to remove this protection ? Kind of a problem when driving a rally-raid or Enduro (STOP-RESET-MOVE at each corner ???)

• Brennan805

Posted November 19, 2009 - 06:18 PM

Yea, pretty funky! I was wondering the same thing. I'm doing a 500 mile Dual Sport ride across the desert soon and using a Roll Chart. I cant believe I have to stop at every turn.

• eu001939

Posted November 21, 2009 - 09:11 AM

I had the whole bike front end adapted with a crossbar on the Protaper bars, roadbook roller from Touratech, GPS holder from touratech and Garmin GPSMAP 60CSX. But I couldn't read the trip anymore. So I built a bracket for the trip on the roadbook holder, with a GYTR billet aluminium casing, the GYTR remote, and made special extension electrical cables...Looked great, worked great, if it wasn't for the damn reset only working when you stop. Now I have to dismantle it all again and look for another trip computer.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.