09 yz450f and lowering link

1 reply to this topic
  • TwoWheelFun

Posted November 18, 2009 - 04:34 PM

So I just picked up a new yz450 and i was wondering if the pro-link lowering link or any other type will work well with this bike. I have been able to ride an 08 kx450 with and without the link and i was surprised on the difference i felt. A friend seems to think that not all bikes need the lowering link the yz to be one of them. Will i notice any difference with link or should i just leave well enough alone. Can anyone clear this up for me. Thanks lets ride

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted November 19, 2009 - 04:21 PM

Depends what your needs are. The 1.5 inch lowering link for the 09 may be too much for some especially heavier riders (if you are on the verge of needing a heavier spring with the 09 stock spring you will more than likely need one with an aftermarket link) or really big jumpers. Many expert or faster riders on the 09 have had great luck with a 1 inch or less lowering link; set sag at 100mm and slide the forks up in the clamps approximately 3mm as a starting point and fine tune.

Lowering links are not for everyone, but for some they're a great option especially those looking for a bit more plushness, lower center of gravity, better turning and not so much stinkbugging on the 09.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.