Fastway Peg info request

3 replies to this topic
  • ASternad

Posted November 18, 2009 - 02:45 PM

I'm thinking about getting a set of Fastway pegs for the 09 WR450, for the following reasons: better grip on the pegs, tilting my knees in the the tank more and any extra peg to bar room I can get.

So my questions are:
1. Has anyone had mounting issues?
2. F6's look cool, but should I look at the other studs?
3. Can I go lower and camber them up to maintain current pedal/shifter height?

• YamaLink

Posted November 18, 2009 - 02:52 PM

I had some mounting issues but it was more of the pin going into the peg. Some use a vise and lube it up a bit.

My shifter was moved down a notch. Maybe two. I forget.

Great pegs. Like riding 2x4's! Still slippery in mud no matter what peg teeth combo I use. I believe the IMS pegs are the most grippy in deep mud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted November 18, 2009 - 05:03 PM

Great pegs! If you want to run them in the low boy position you'll haved to get the countersunk peg brackets from Fastway or just buy the bolts and countersink the peg brackets yourself like I did. You'll need the countersunk bolts from Fastway if you decide to do it yourself.

The additional 0.75 inch of seat to peg distance is definitely worth the effort if you are 6' or taller.

• Demo_Slug

Posted November 18, 2009 - 10:56 PM

I got fastways on my 08wr450. I gave up on the low boy mounting after I broke my torq bit. I just couldn't get the brackets off the frame.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.