Best Fork Seal Brand

9 replies to this topic
  • dl19

Posted November 18, 2009 - 11:42 AM

I have searched and been unable to find a very direct answer to this question.

WHO MAKES THE BEST FORK SEALS???

Looking for just the facts on the seal quality and durability and overall life. I'm not a Kool Aid drinker at all, but if they are OEM then their OEM. If aftermarket is the best then please post of some info and background on what you know either way.
Hoping for some replys from people who have tried several brands or even one brand with great luck regardless of riding style.
No I don't think fork seals should be leaking every few months or less then a 1000 miles of Enduro type off road riding.

• l_campionero

Posted November 18, 2009 - 11:53 AM

I have had good results with Moose and MSR. They are, or at least were, Italian-made, and I got long life out of them, far better than the OEM ones.

• drmcook

Posted November 18, 2009 - 11:55 AM

Pro X are very good. They are the same quality as OEM.

• redhurricane

Posted November 18, 2009 - 12:44 PM

Moose.

• dl19

Posted November 18, 2009 - 03:03 PM

Thanks exactly what I was hoping for! Anyone else? The MOOSE is in the lead.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted November 18, 2009 - 03:31 PM

Moose, MSR, ALL Balls = one and the same

And IMO they are better than OEM.

• biggziff

Posted November 18, 2009 - 06:06 PM

I'd want to know who makes the seals for all these companies. They certainly aren't making them or even spec'ing how they're made. Probably all made in the same chinese factory by the same 11 yr old chinese kids.

• l_campionero

Posted November 18, 2009 - 06:12 PM

Last time I looked at Moose seals, they were Italian, as I stated earlier.

• dustdogg

Posted November 18, 2009 - 06:46 PM

You might also look into Seal Savershttp://www.sealsavers.com/. I have not had any more leaky seals since I have used them.

• dl19

Posted November 18, 2009 - 07:14 PM

If they work they could be made by monkeys for all I care for this particular part. If I had equalparts and one was made outside of China then I would buy that for sure. For sure will be using Seal Savers for sure, but I need to get them replaced with qaulity before I protect them. The MOOSE is leaving the wolves behind so far. Thanks again everyone.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.