ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!

3 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted April 25, 2003 - 05:40 PM

Well, I finished my major undertaking tonight. I shimmed the valves, YZ timed the bike, de-octopused the carb and re-jetted to Bill's YZ jetting specs.

I only had time to run it up and down the block a couple times so far, but all I can say is WOW! I think I pulled a 3rd gear wheelie for the first time. (Im not good at wheelies) It seemed to run crisper than ever before.

I was already thinking how the jetting changing and de-octopusing it might affect how lean its running so I pulled the plug and low and behold it was blacker than I thought it would be. Its probably just still coated from my WR jetting so it probably didnt tell me a whole lot.

I have to admit, even though I LOVE the way it runs now, I still have reservations that it might run too lean and grenade. :D
Im sure Im just paranoid, as always. :D

I hope to take it out tomorrow and do some real testing over at a friend of mines house. Wish me luck!

BTW: Thanks to everyone for all the help! You know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :D

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 26, 2003 - 12:29 AM

I still have reservations that it might run too lean and grenade. Im sure Im just paranoid, as always.

>> Yes Darin, no need to be paranoid. You are running VERY SIMILIAR to the YZ specs now. YZF's are not known for grenading from a too lean condition.

Roost On!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted April 26, 2003 - 02:53 AM

What took you so long?

• MOmilkman

Posted April 26, 2003 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for the conformation Kev.

Bamster,
Im chicken.. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.