2007 WR450 oil pump prolems?

3 replies to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted November 16, 2009 - 10:41 AM

Following on from this - Oil level check confusion

I am convinced my bike will not get any oil from the engine to the oil tank. I assume it is not pumping properly or is blocked somewhere.

The bike got water in the oil so i did 2 oil changes until all the water had gone from the oil and another 3 to make sure now this problem has started. Before the bike got wet everything was perfect.

Things I know.

1 The bike has the correct amount of oil in.
2 The bike has a new oil filter.
3 The oil pressure bolt loosening and look for oil weep test works.
4 No matter how much oil i put in the bike it will never register on the dipstick.

Does anyone have any ideas to cure this problem apart from stripping the bike down? Any ideas welcome no matter how small.

Thanks. :excuseme:

• desertlover

Posted November 16, 2009 - 10:47 AM

I assume you're running the engine before checking the oil?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lennie

Posted November 16, 2009 - 12:37 PM

Yes, I have been checking the oil level exactily the same way as i did before i had the problem and it used to work perfectly.

• Lennie

Posted November 17, 2009 - 12:59 AM

I found this in the YZ450 forum, does anyone have any more info on the problem as there does seem to be a final answer to the problem.

http://www.thumperta...hlight=oil tank

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.