best price on 2010 450F in SoCal?

15 replies to this topic
  • rolikx23

Posted November 16, 2009 - 09:31 AM

where did you buy your 2010 YZ450F in SoCal?
the official retail is $7990.
can i get one for less?
i used to buy my Yams @ Montclair Yamaha but unfortunately they are out of business.

• Lor

Posted November 16, 2009 - 05:16 PM

I'm waiting for one at Cucamonga Yamaha. I don't know the price yet but I used to get my bikes from Montclair also. It's a shame to see them go out of business???

• aedwards07

Posted November 16, 2009 - 05:22 PM

Im getting one in ohio for $7100

• timmy351

Posted November 16, 2009 - 05:38 PM

we talked to a couple places and they were around 9,000

• twenty34

Posted November 16, 2009 - 09:23 PM

What's ironic is the guys telling you 9K won't have their jobs next month. Seems counter-intuitive.

• rolikx23

Posted November 17, 2009 - 10:35 AM

I'm waiting for one at Cucamonga Yamaha. I don't know the price yet but I used to get my bikes from Montclair also. It's a shame to see them go out of business???

yes it really is a shame!
Bill from Montclair always made me a good price.

• davidl9999

Posted November 17, 2009 - 10:39 AM

Yes, ask around. I've dealt with Pasadena Yamaha. Great bunch of folks, decent prices, and great post-purchase support. Also bought bikes and a trailer from Bert's in Covina. Bert's was willing to deal a bit in '07 on a large purchase; not sure how a single bike deal would go today.

• rolikx23

Posted November 17, 2009 - 10:39 AM

9 grand is massive dude! thats robbery!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mediumfast

Posted November 17, 2009 - 05:37 PM

Yes, they are gouging but that's simple supply and demand. Supply low + demand high = price gouging. I order mine a few months ago (in Oregon) for $7,550 OTD. The negative is I have to wait until December...the next 4-6 weeks will be hard, real hard.
You might want to try some "hole in the wall" dealerships. Although at this stage of the game the hype is pretty big and I imagine most that are coming this year have been spoken for.

Good Luck;)

• Swiss_Dirtrider

Posted November 17, 2009 - 11:26 PM

hey, you're not the only swiss guy who's searching for a new YZ450 in SoCal... :excuseme:
Will you go riding there too? Or are you only importing a bike? We will stay the whole Feb2010 in SoCal to ride =)

We're searching for 3 big Yami '10 and 4 little Kawi '09/'10. I hope we will find a good package price for 7 bikes, though.

Any Dealer listening on here...? -> PM!

• rolikx23

Posted November 18, 2009 - 03:31 AM

yes im gonna go riding in SoCal too and do not export the bike to switzerland.
i need only one YZ450F for 3 weeks and then sell it by the end of january for about $1000 less than what i've paid for.
if someone is interested in that bike send me a message here on TT.

• rolikx23

Posted November 18, 2009 - 03:37 AM

Yes, they are gouging but that's simple supply and demand. Supply low + demand high = price gouging. I order mine a few months ago (in Oregon) for $7,550 OTD. The negative is I have to wait until December...the next 4-6 weeks will be hard, real hard.
You might want to try some "hole in the wall" dealerships. Although at this stage of the game the hype is pretty big and I imagine most that are coming this year have been spoken for.

Good Luck;)

i hope in early january are enough 2010s @ the dealerships so the prices will go down a little.

• racerxx276

Posted November 18, 2009 - 08:23 AM

Good Luck;)

My dealer in Portland is telling me that the bikes will be released tomorrow (19th) from the warehouse in seattle. Will be picking one up on sat!

Can't wait!

• rolikx23

Posted November 18, 2009 - 11:59 AM

My dealer in Portland is telling me that the bikes will be released tomorrow (19th) from the warehouse in seattle. Will be picking one up on sat!

Can't wait!

lucky guy:thumbsup:
whats the OTD price there?

• racerxx276

Posted November 20, 2009 - 09:28 PM

Sorry, I can't say.... It came in today, sitting on the showroom floor till I can pick it up next week.. can't wait....

• twenty34

Posted November 20, 2009 - 09:30 PM

Can't wait!

Same here.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.