Help - Anybody know where to buy....

3 replies to this topic
  • TooFast

Posted April 25, 2003 - 09:30 AM

Yamaha ran three wires for a brake light but the other side of the connector only has 2 pins in it. Does anybody know where we can buy the connector pin to add the 3rd wire from a brake switch? Thought it would be nice to be able to just unplug the fender/subframe when working on the bike. Maybe some japanese car might have the same connector?

• mycr500

Posted April 25, 2003 - 06:16 PM

Get some "bullet" connectors. I get them at Advance Auto (used to be Western Auto, I think)..Probably at other places, too. They crimp on. Both male and female available.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • litespeed

Posted April 25, 2003 - 07:02 PM

the thrid wire can be used to go to a brake switch, if you want your WR to be street legal.

• FTD

Posted April 26, 2003 - 07:38 AM

I like the way you "bounce" toofast!! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.