carb slide and other

1 reply to this topic
  • coloradothumpin

Posted August 21, 2000 - 07:40 PM

Here's a good one for you all to take in....check the slide in your carb often. There is a little metal piece on the engine side of the throttle valve on the 99 YZ400. It likes to crack and get sucked into the engine. This happend to me when I was 25 miles from my truck. I was fortunate enough to have mine come in half and wedge itself in the intake, therefore allowing for a 4000 rpm idle and a fun ride back. At least it didn't make it into the engine. Apparently I am not alone so please check yours...also frequently change your oil filter. I have only recently begun this ritual and you can't believe what you see in it.....
PS anybody ride in colorado?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted August 22, 2000 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the heads up CoThumpin.

Was this something that was changed on the new FCR for 2000?

It seems I'd heard something about this but that new carb had different slide. Anyone?

I too found lots of "interesting" things in my oil filter when my bike was new but nothing notable has shown up since... knock wood.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.