you guys SURE you want a 10'??

45 replies to this topic
  • rider211

Posted November 16, 2009 - 07:59 AM

:excuseme: i just put that post up for fun, to see how many of you guys would get all pissy about it,the yz450f has by far the best stock suspention of any bike,it is under powered ,n it does stand up in corners, but if you put 2 riders head 2 head that are the same speed 1 on a yzf 1 on another jap bike the reality is the guy on the yzf is most likely gonna get smoked,as 4 comming 2 mx207 in lyman me. i race there alot in the 25 n 30 n plus classes rider 112 and win both classes just check the results for nemx or nesc on me,i posted about this bike because i just dont get y any1 would chose 2 rider a bike that makes it harded on you 2 ride your best...brand loyalty? thats dumb i go 4 what works best that yr. personaly so ive owned n raced every brand at some point except ktm and there getting close now

• Troutman

Posted November 16, 2009 - 08:25 AM

:excuseme: i just put that post up for fun, to see how many of you guys would get all pissy about it,the yz450f has by far the best stock suspention of any bike,it is under powered ,n it does stand up in corners, but if you put 2 riders head 2 head that are the same speed 1 on a yzf 1 on another jap bike the reality is the guy on the yzf is most likely gonna get smoked,as 4 comming 2 mx207 in lyman me. i race there alot in the 25 n 30 n plus classes rider 112 and win both classes just check the results for nemx or nesc on me,i posted about this bike because i just dont get y any1 would chose 2 rider a bike that makes it harded on you 2 ride your best...brand loyalty? thats dumb i go 4 what works best that yr. personaly so ive owned n raced every brand at some point except ktm and there getting close now

Wow :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted November 16, 2009 - 10:37 AM

:excuseme: i just put that post up for fun, to see how many of you guys would get all pissy about it,

That's called "trolling". Don't. :bonk:

• hillclimbguy

Posted November 16, 2009 - 11:02 AM

Thats a great price on the bike. It would be nice to get a new bike. But IMO why start all over with a bike when mine is all set up for what I do. I 'll never be able to ride to its full potential, thanks but no thanks, I'll keep my money for something else.

• grunkthump

Posted November 16, 2009 - 12:54 PM

well i checked a little further..they do not ship and they DO charge sales tax to out of state people who go to pick them up....FYI. I'm out.

• jcross312

Posted November 16, 2009 - 04:26 PM

I just picked a new 08 for $4,280 OTD and i thought that was a steel!!

Whered' ya get it?

• SAthump

Posted November 16, 2009 - 04:30 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Yep your right, I'll be driving up in a few weeks to pick up a new 09' 450 $4,08?.?? OTD. AWESOMENESS :excuseme:[/COLOR]

• grunkthump

Posted November 17, 2009 - 01:29 PM

i see linky no worky no more....wonder what happened??

• rk8950

Posted November 17, 2009 - 01:30 PM

They said they are all gone. Does anyone know of anywhere that is selling them at that price?

• yz426em

Posted November 17, 2009 - 01:53 PM

Correct they are all out, mine and my cousins le models will be in probably tommorrow. Since the 09's are all gone i will offer u my mint 07, and save u some money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 17, 2009 - 04:47 PM

They said they are all gone.

Imagine that. :excuseme:

• mediumfast

Posted November 17, 2009 - 05:24 PM

Yeah Stewart sure did strugle with his in SX this year didnt he.:excuseme:

Acutally Stewart did struggle with his bike for the first three races of the series. Looked sort of like he was riding a jack hammer through the whoops. He was able to win anyway (besides Anaheim 1) but he wasn't real happy with his set up early in the series. The rest is history. Besides a few little errors he dominated.

• UPSGUY

Posted November 17, 2009 - 06:19 PM

Whered' ya get it?

Mtn Motorsports, It was their last 08,

I called Dexters yesterday and they said all the ones they had were spoken for but theu were going to order more nextweek and if i wanted one I needed to put a deposit on one so they could order it, I was looking for my brother-in-law!!

• SAthump

Posted November 17, 2009 - 08:06 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]I had placed a deposit someone beat me by 10 mins on the last one they had in stock.[/COLOR]

• YAMAHAYZ250F

Posted November 19, 2009 - 06:36 AM

I got that last deposit .. It will be in Fri... BUT looks like I might not be able to pick it up.. Im going to be calling them this afternoon and cancel my order... If someone is serious about getting this deal send me a pm with your phone # and Ill give it to them to contact you.

Thanks

• Summit

Posted November 20, 2009 - 07:00 AM

Just curious, what was the price they were offering for the 09 450??

• grunkthump

Posted November 20, 2009 - 07:20 AM

Just curious, what was the price they were offering for the 09 450??

..it was $3799 blue, $3899 white

• sport4_3

Posted November 20, 2009 - 01:12 PM

yamahayz250f check your pm

• rider211

Posted November 26, 2009 - 06:06 AM

Acutally Stewart did struggle with his bike for the first three races of the series. Looked sort of like he was riding a jack hammer through the whoops. He was able to win anyway (besides Anaheim 1) but he wasn't real happy with his set up early in the series. The rest is history. Besides a few little errors he dominated.

thats rite and they changed the bike alot cuz in stock form it just dont want to go fast, and stewart could win on a husky or any pile of junk u put him on just cuz he won on it dont make it a good bike its not compared to the rest of the big 5

• grayracer513

Posted November 26, 2009 - 08:12 AM

thats rite and they changed the bike alot cuz in stock form it just dont want to go fast, and stewart could win on a husky or any pile of junk u put him on just cuz he won on it dont make it a good bike its not compared to the rest of the big 5

Your opinion is yours, and you're entitled to it, but it isn't universally held, and other people are entitled to theirs without being told they are crazy, etc. It would be a welcome change for a lot of us if you would take the nasty, abrasive edge off. We all pretty much know what you think. Enough punctuation and spelling to make your posts readable and give the impression that you are reasonably intelligent would also be a good thing.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.