craked tank near the sub frame

2 replies to this topic
  • ZéPovinho

Posted November 14, 2009 - 12:29 PM

I own a WR400'00 and all of a suddent a thin crack apeard near by the sub-frame under the bolt here goes the ruber bracket. Since the tanks are very similar( if not the same) to the YZ 400/426 I would like to know how many of you had the same problem, and in a few words, how did you fix it. I phoned the Yamaha and their answer was something like "were sorry, but, too bad..."
The point is, I can understand an engine failure, moving parts wearing out, electrical sistems burning out, but a plastic tank craking????!!!!!!!:smirk::excuseme::bonk: on a bike that mainly rode Supermoto, so not too many crashes, hits, vibrations.
and the price here in Portugal is over 890 dollars:crazy::foul::bonk:

thanks guys:thumbsup:

ps.: a bigger tank is out of the question!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZcrRider

Posted November 14, 2009 - 02:29 PM

Hate to say it but...even plastic has a life span. The bike is almost 10 years old. I know yamaha had some issues with tanks cracking even sooner. Forgot the years / models but it was around then?

Have you checked EBAY of aftermarket?

• ZéPovinho

Posted November 14, 2009 - 05:52 PM

ive allready welded whith an hot iron. its working great.
I would only like the people who had the same problem to give a small post.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.