craked tank near the sub frame

2 replies to this topic
  • ZéPovinho

Posted November 14, 2009 - 12:29 PM

I own a WR400'00 and all of a suddent a thin crack apeard near by the sub-frame under the bolt here goes the ruber bracket. Since the tanks are very similar( if not the same) to the YZ 400/426 I would like to know how many of you had the same problem, and in a few words, how did you fix it. I phoned the Yamaha and their answer was something like "were sorry, but, too bad..."
The point is, I can understand an engine failure, moving parts wearing out, electrical sistems burning out, but a plastic tank craking????!!!!!!!:smirk::excuseme::bonk: on a bike that mainly rode Supermoto, so not too many crashes, hits, vibrations.
and the price here in Portugal is over 890 dollars:crazy::foul::bonk:

thanks guys:thumbsup:

ps.: a bigger tank is out of the question!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZcrRider

Posted November 14, 2009 - 02:29 PM

Hate to say it but...even plastic has a life span. The bike is almost 10 years old. I know yamaha had some issues with tanks cracking even sooner. Forgot the years / models but it was around then?

Have you checked EBAY of aftermarket?

• ZéPovinho

Posted November 14, 2009 - 05:52 PM

ive allready welded whith an hot iron. its working great.
I would only like the people who had the same problem to give a small post.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.